David D. Cole, Examining Recommendations to Reform FISA Authorities, 113th Cong., February 4, 2014 (Statement of David. D. Cole).
Laura K. Donohue, The Future of Foreign Intelligence (Oxford University Press forthcoming).
David Luban, Julie R. O'Sullivan & David P. Stewart, International and Transnational Criminal Law (New York: Aspen Publishers 2d ed. 2014).
David Luban, Torture, Power, and Law (Cambridge, U.K.: Cambridge University Press 2014).
Philip G. Schrag, Andrew I. Schoenholz & Jaya Ramji-Nogales, Lives in the Balance: Asylum Adjudication by the Department of Homeland Security (New York: New York University Press 2014).
Book Chapters and Collected Works
Rosa Brooks, Risk and Trust, in International Justice Legends: Essays in Honor of Aryeh Neier (Kelly Askin ed., forthcoming).
Rosa Brooks, National Security in the Information Age, in Economics and Security: Challenges and Opportunities in a Resources Constrained World (Newport, R.I.: Naval War College forthcoming).
Rosa Brooks, Civilians and Armed Conflict, in The U.N. Security Council in the Age of Human Rights (Jared Genser & Bruno Ugarte, eds., Cambridge University Press 2014)
Rosa Brooks, Drones and Cognitive Dissonance, in Drones, Remote Targeting and the Promise of Law (Peter Bergen & Daniel Rothenberg, eds., New York: Cambridge University Press 2014).
David D. Cole, Preserving Privacy in a Digital Age: Lessons of Comparative Constitutionalism, in Surveillance, Counter-Terrorism And Comparative Constitutionalism 95-116 (Fergal Davis, Nicola McGarrity & George Williams eds., Abingdon, U.K.: Routledge 2014).
Laura K. Donohue, Pandemic Disease, Biological Weapons, and War, in Law and War 84-153 (Austin Sarat, Lawrence Douglas & Martha Merrill Umphrey eds., Stanford, Cali.: Stanford University Press 2014).
Laura K. Donohue, US Efforts To Stem the Flow of Funds to Terrorist Organizations: Export Controls, Financial Sanctions and Material Support, in Dirty Assets: Emerging Issues in the Regulation of Criminal and Terrorist Assets 261-290 (Farnham, U.K.: Ashgate Publishing Limited 2014).
David Luban, Human Rights Pragmatism and Human Dignity, in Philosophical Foundations of Human Rights (Massimo Renzo, Rowan Cruft &Matthew Liao, eds., Oxford University Press forthcoming).
David Luban, Übernahme von Risiken und Schutz für die Truppe, in Den Gegner Schützen?: Zu einer Aktuellen Kontroverse in der Ethik des Bewaffneten Konflikts 75-124 (Bernhard Koch ed., Baden-Baden, Ger.: Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft 2014).
David Luban, Risk Taking and Force Protection, in Reading Walzer 277-301 (Yitzhak Benbaji & Naomi Sussman eds., Abingdon, U.K.: Routledge 2014).
David Luban, Treatment of Prisoners and Torture, in The Cambridge Handbook of Human Dignity: Interdisciplinary Perspectives 446-453 (Marcus Düwell, Jens Braarvig, Roger Brownsword & Dietmar Mieth eds., Cambridge, U.K.: Cambridge University Press 2014).
Jane E. Stromseth, The Functions of International Organizations, in Oxford Handbook of International Organizations (Oxford University Press forthcoming).
Jane E. Stromseth, Justice and Peacebuilding, in Conflict Management and Global Governance in an Age of Awakening (I.S. Institute of Peace forthcoming).
Rosa Brooks, International Military Interventions: Evolving Norms, Dissolving Consensus, Md. J. Int'l L. (forthcoming) (2015).
Rosa Brooks, Cross-border Targeted Killings: "Lawful But Awful"?, 38 Harv. J.L. & Pub. Pol'y 233 (2014).
Rosa Brooks, Drones and the International Rule of Law, 28 J. Ethics & Int'l Aff. 83 (2014).
Rosa Brooks, Duck-Rabbits and Drones: Legal Indeterminacy in the War on Terror, 25 Stan. L. & Pol'y Rev. 301-315 (2014).
Rosa Brooks, The Trickle-Down War, 32 Yale L. & Pol'y Rev. 583-602 (2014).
David Cole, The Difference Prevention Makes: Regulating Preventive Justice, Crim. L. & Phil., Mar. 25, 2014.
Laura K. Donohue, Section 702 and the Collection of International Telephone and Internet Content, 38 Harv. J.L. & Pub. Pol'y (forthcoming).
Laura K. Donohue, Terrorism Trials in Article III Courts, 38 Harv. J.L. & Pub. Pol'y 105-143 (2015).
Laura K. Donohue, Bulk Metadata Collection: Statutory and Constitutional Considerations, 37 Harv. J.L. & Pub. Pol'y 757-900 (2014).
Laura K. Donohue, FISA Reform, 10 I/S: J. L. & Pol'y Info. Soc'y 599-639 (2014).
David A. Koplow, An Inference About Interference: A Surprising Application of Existing International Law to Inhibit Anti-Satellite Weapons, 35 U. Pa. J. Int'l L. 737-827 (2014).
David A. Koplow, What Would Zero Look Like? A Treaty for the Abolition of Nuclear Weapons, 45 Geo. J. Int'l L. 683-781 (2014).
David Luban & Gabriella Blum, Unsatisfying War: Degrees of Risk and the Jus ex Bello, Ethics (forthcoming).
David Luban, Is There a Human Right To a Lawyer?, 17 Legal Ethics 371-381 (2014).
Carlos M. Vazquez, Things We Do with Presumptions: Reflections on Kiobel v. Royal Dutch Petroleum, 89 Notre Dame L. Rev. 1719-1747 (2014).
Rosa Brooks in Foreign Policy
David Cole in New York Review of Books
Marty Lederman in Just Security
Laura K. Donohue, FBI: Plot to Steal Seed Corn a National Security Threat, The Des Moines Register (March 30, 2015)
David Cole, If Those Techniques Were Approved, Why Did the CIA Still Lie About Torture?, The Washington Post (December 12, 2014)
- David Luban, Celebrate the Ones Who Stood Up for What Was Right, The New York Times (December 10, 2014)
- David Cole, Taking Responsibility for Torture, The New Yorker (December 9, 2014)
- Rosa Brooks, Book Review: ‘Knife Fights: A Memoir of Modern War Theory and Practice,’ by John A. Nagl, The Washington Post (November 28, 2014)
- Rosa Brooks, Why Obama's Assurance of 'No Boots on the Ground' Isn't So Reassuring, The Washington Post (September 26, 2014)
- David Cole, Is the New War on Terror?: A War By Any Other Name, Politico (September, 16 2014)
- David Cole, The Color of Justice, The New Yorker (September 3, 2014)
- Rosa Brooks, Time for a Woman to Run the Pentagon, The Wall Street Journal (August 22, 2014)
- David Cole, Torture is not a Public Relations Problem, The Washington Post (July 28, 2014)
- David Cole, Terror Prosecutions and Muslim-Americans, The New Yorker (July 23, 2014)
- David Cole, The One Supreme Court Decision We Can Celebrate, The Nation (July 21, 2014)
- David Cole, ‘No Place to Hide’, by Glenn Greenwald, on the NSA’s Sweeping Efforts to “Know It All”, The Washington Post (May 13, 2014)
- Rosa Brooks, A Call to Rally, The New York Times (June 26, 2014).
- Rosa Brooks and John P. Abizaid, U.S. Should Take the Lead on Setting Global Norms for Drone Strikes,The Washington Post (June 26, 2014).
- Rosa Brooks, Breaking the Glass Ceiling—in Realistic Terms, Gulf News (May 2, 2014)
- David Cole, Why Obama's NSA Reforms Are Only a First Step, The Nation (February 10, 2014)
- David Cole, We Need Privacy Laws for the Digital Era, The Nation (January 27, 2014)
- Rosa Brooks, Robert Gates: Yet Another Tell-all Memoir, Gulf News (January 22, 2014)
- Rosa Brooks, The Man Who Knew Too Little, The American Prospect (January 8, 2014) (Review of John Rizzo's memoir, Company Man: Thirty Years of Controversy & Crisis in the CIA)