Once You Arrive
To maintain your F-1 or J-1 status, you must complete three steps after arriving in the U.S.
- Update your local address in MyAccess
- Upload check-in documents to document portal account
- Attend an Immigration and Compliance Session
- Log in to MyAccess with your NetID and password.
- Click the “Personal Information” tab.
- Select “View/Access Addresses and Phone Numbers”
- Select “Update Addresses and Phones”
- Select “Local Off-Campus and click “insert”
- Input your local address and phone number and save. The end date (until this date) field can be left blank.
Please upload the following documents to your document portal account:
- Copy of F-1 or J-1 visa and admission stamp (if you received an admission stamp)
- I-94 record
LL.M. Summer Experience students will need to attend a session during the first week of Foundations.
All other students will need to attend a session during Orientation. Please see your Orientation schedule for date, time, and location.
It is important that you attend the session, even if you have already been in F-1 or J-1 status at another university. Georgetown has many Georgetown-specific policies, and we want to make sure that you understand our policies and your responsibilities before the year begins.