Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the left-hand navigation for answers to the following frequently asked questions regarding our joint degree programs:
- Do I apply to the J.D. Program and graduate or doctoral degree separately or as part of the J.D. application?
- Do I use the same application to apply for the J.D. program to apply to the graduate or Ph.D. program?
- Do I have to take the GRE, GMAT or another exam?
- May I apply for the M.A. or Ph.D. program after I am accepted into the law school or other program?
- Do I have to apply for the J.D. and M.A. or Ph.D. programs at the same time?
- Do I have to apply for the J.D. and LL.M. programs at the same time?
- What joint degree programs do you offer?
- Is acceptance to either program contingent on acceptance to the other?
- Do joint/concurrent degree program grades appear on the Georgetown Law transcript?
- How do the joint degree programs work together?
- How does attending the part-time program affect the joint degree process?
- If I am not enrolled in a joint degree program, may I still take graduate courses at another school?