Timeline for Graduates
- Complete and turn in your application to graduate to the Office of the Registrar, McDonough 315.
- Check the accuracy of your diploma and program information in the email you will receive from the Office of the Registrar.
- If you are an international student and members of your family will require a Visa to attend commencement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Your Name, Your Program (JD or LLM), Your Guest's Name(s), Country Your Guest is Traveling From, The Guest's Relation to You
- Starting end of January : Place your order for a cap and gown from Jostens. (Caps and gowns are not required for Commencement, but most graduates choose to wear them.)
- Sign up to record a section speech. (optional)
- Vote for your section speaker on Westlaw Twen.
- Make your Graduation Gala Reservation at the Office of Student Life, McDonough 171.
- Mid-March: Pick up your two Rain Site tickets from the Office of Student Life, McDonough 171.
- By early April : Pick up your two Rain Site tickets from the Office of Student Life, McDonough 171 .
- No later than mid-April: Order your cap and gown from Jostens.
- Starting mid-April: Pick up your second round Rain Site tickets, while supplies last.
Before you Graduate:
- Inform your family that Commencement Ceremonies will take place on May 18th.
- Complete your student loan exit interview with The Office of Financial Aid.
- Pay off your student account
- Return all library books
*Note that some items on this checklist must be completed before a deadline and others must be completed within specific time frames.