Technology Orientation for Faculty, Staff and Fellows
THE TECHNOLOGY SERVICE DESK
- The Technology Service Desk is located in McDonough Hall, Room 152.
- The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Technology Service Desk will be open during regularly scheduled class hours.
- For more information on the use of technology at the Law Center, please visit http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist.
- Your University NetID is your username for all Georgetown systems.
- To determine what your NetID is, navigate to http://contact.georgetown.edu. Type your last name in the Search field and click the Search button. A Directory page containing the NetIDs that match your search criteria will appear.
- If you cannot find your NetID, please contact Melvinia Towns at 202-662-9050 or email@example.com.
- Your temporary default password is a lowercase gu, followed by the last six digits of you 9-digit GoCard number, i.e., gu456789.
- To change your password, please visit the Georgetown NetID Password Management System webpage, located at https://password.georgetown.edu.
- Please be advised that you must setup answers to the personal questions asked on that webpage before you can reset your password.
YOUR LAW CENTER COMPUTER
- Georgetown University Law Center provides computers for faculty, staff and fellow use.
- Instructions on accessing and using the Law Center's network are located at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/AccessingUsingTheLawCenterNetwork.cfm.
- Information on supported software are located at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/SupportedSoftware.cfm.
- The installation or downloading of unsupported software is strictly prohibited.
- The Law Center's uses Gmail as its email system.
- Your Georgetown Gmail address is YourNetID@georgetown.edu.
- To log into Georgetown Gmail, visit https://apps.georgetown.edu.
- Detailed instructions for using Gmail can be found at IST's Gmail and G Suite Resource site.
THE LAW CENTER'S RESTRICTED WEBSITES
- To log into the Law Center's restricted websites, navigate to https://apps.law.georgetown.edu/system/login.cfm.
- GMS allows you to access your employment information online. Address changes can also be made through this system. To access GMS, navigate to http://gms.georgetown.edu.
- All faculty, staff and fellows are assigned a phone number and a voicemail box.
- You can access the University's online directory at http://contact.georgetown.edu.
- For any other telecom inquiries, please contact the Technology Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AV INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS
- View a video with instructions for using classrooom AV technology
- The Law Center follows Georgetown University's Technology Policies and Procedures which can be found at http://security.georgetown.edu/technology-policies.
- The IST Department does not work on computers that do not belong to the University. If you have a home computer and are in need of technical support, you need to contact your computer manufacturer or a local area service provider.