Georgetown Law Closed: Wednesday, March 21
The Law Center is closed due to inclement weather. All activities and services, including classes and scheduled events (student organization meetings and events, CLE, and conferences), are canceled. All administrative offices are closed. The food services operation, fitness center and Early Learning Center are closed. The library is closed. It is expected that only designated emergency employees will come to the Law Center to fulfill their responsibilities. All others -- including students, staff, faculty, and visitors -- are expected not come to the Law Center, which will not be staffed to support anything other than essential life safety and snow/ice clearing functions.
International Law in the public interest can involve almost all practice areas, and therefore no single practice area can be called "International Law." For example, all of the following fields can and do overlap with public interest international law: human rights, women's rights, trade, labor, environmental protection, project finance, and development. International law is an extremely broad area, and can be practiced both in the United States and abroad, in both the public and private sectors (read on for more information on International Law in the private sector).
For students interested in international law, field experience is critical. Though international hiring is decentralized and ad hoc, Georgetown Law offers opportunities for students to intern abroad through our International Internship Program. Each year, approximately 75 Georgetown students intern abroad with over 60 different organizations - law firms, government bodies, non-governmental organizations and corporate in-house legal departments located in over 35 countries covering six continents.
- American Society of International Law
- Georgetown Law Human Rights Career Guide
- PSJD International Resources
- International Law Students Association
- ABA International Law Internships
- Georgetown Human Rights Institute
- Pathways to Employment in Public Interest International Law Georgetown Fall 2009 webcast
- How to: International Internships Georgetown Fall 2011 webcast
Print Resources (Available in OCS Library)
- Careers in International Law (ASIL)
- International Public Interest Law: A Guide to Opportunities in the United States and Abroad (Harvard and Yale Law Schools)