Early Interview Week
2016 Dates: August 8 - 11, 2016
2017 Dates: August 7 - 10, 2017
Location: Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
Georgetown Law's Early Interview Week (EIW) program is one of the largest law student interview programs in the country, generating nearly 7,000 interviews in just 4 days. EIW is a hybrid interview assignment program. While 70% of a given interview schedule will remain lottery-based, 30% of the interview schedule will be students selected by employers.
Important Dates for 2016:
- February 5, 2016: EIW Registration Open via Symplicity
- February 22, 2016: Employers notified of assigned on-campus interview dates*
*Dates are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis
$750 for the first schedule
$400 for the second schedule
$375 for each additional schedule
Invoices will be emailed out in April.
NOTE: These fees do not include the hotel rooms, which are used for interviewing. Employers are responsible for booking the appropriate number of hotel rooms directly with the hotel.
How to Register:
Employers may register online via Symplicity or via email by sending all contact information and hiring criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to register is May 6, 2016.
To register via Symplicity:
1. Log into Symplicity
2. Click on OCI and then "Schedule Request." Click on the gray "Request Schedule" button.
3. A form will open up. Change the session using the drop-down menu to "2016 Early Interview Week."
4. Fill out your hiring criteria, class years interviewing, preferred dates, office locations if registering multiple offices, and any other necessary details.
5. Click Submit. You will receive an automated email confirming receipt of your registration.
All EIW interviews will be held at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, 400 New Jersey Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC, 20001. Employers are responsible for hotel reservations and expenses. All hotel room reservations MUST be made by July 15, 2016.
To reserve rooms please follow the steps below:
- Reserve all guest/interview rooms and suites online by clicking HERE.
- Reservations should be made for the night prior to the interview date regardless of whether your interviewer will be staying in the room overnight (e.g., if you are scheduled to interview on August 11, request a arrival date of August 10). Please reserve only one room for each interview schedule you plan to conduct. The reservation should be made in the name of the guest checking into the hotel.
Hospitality and Guest Room Suites
Many firms reserve additional hotel rooms or meeting rooms on the day of their interviews to be used as spaces for students to drop off resumes and speak with firm representatives.
- Hospitality Suites are meeting spaces located on the second floor of the hotel (~$200-$350/day plus catering needs). To reserve please contact Kelli Roessler at (202)719-8455 or by emailing her at email@example.com. Reservations must be made by July 8, 2016.
- Guest Room Suites are spacious guest rooms with a separate living area. Available in three floor plans; Executive Suite, Capitol Suite, or Regency Suite. These rooms can be reserved through the guest room reservation website (link found above). These suites are available on a first-come, first-served basis. IMPORTANT: Please only book one guest room suite per firm. These suites are to be used as hospitality suites, not for regular interviews.
For Catering needs please contact Kelli Roessler at (202)719-8455 or by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org to make the appropriate arrangements.
Please contact Andrea Waters at (202)662-9301.