Early Interview Week
2018 Dates: July 30 - August 2, 2018
Location: Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
Georgetown Law's Early Interview Week (EIW) program is one of the largest law student interview programs in the country, generating nearly 7,000 interviews in just 4 days. EIW is a hybrid interview assignment program. While 70% of a given interview schedule will remain lottery-based, 30% of the interview schedule will be students selected by employers.
Important Dates for 2018:
- January 31: EIW Registration Open via Symplicity
- February 26: Employers notified of assigned on-campus interview dates*
- May 23: Employers viewable to students via Symplicity
- June 8-29: Student Bidding Period
- July 2: Student Resumes available
- July 9: Employer Candidate selections due
*Dates are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis
*We are also prioritizing equitable distribution of employers across our four interview days. In other words, we are going to cap the number of employers who are able to interview on each date. We feel this decision will benefit our students.
$750 for the first schedule
$400 for the second schedule
$375 for each additional schedule
Invoices will be emailed out in April.
NOTE: These fees do not include the hotel rooms, which are used for interviewing. Employers are responsible for booking the appropriate number of hotel rooms directly with the hotel.
How to Register:
Employers may register online via Symplicity or via email by sending all contact information and hiring criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to register is May 11, 2018.
To register via Symplicity:
1. Log into Symplicity
2. Click on OCI and then "Request Schedule." *Please make sure to complete your Summer Program Outcome and OCI Feedback surveys before completing your registration.*
3. Make sure "2018 Early Interview Week" is selected from the Sessions drop down menu.
4. Fill out your hiring criteria, class years interviewing, preferred dates, office locations if registering multiple offices, and any other necessary details.
5. Click Submit. You will receive an automated email confirming receipt of your registration.
All EIW interviews will be held at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, 400 New Jersey Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC, 20001. Employers are responsible for hotel reservations and expenses.
All hotel room reservations MUST be made by July 9, 2018.
To reserve your room(s) please follow the steps below:
IMPORTANT: You can NOT sleep in the same room as your interview room. The Hyatt will be removing all beds for interview rooms only.
- To reserve an INTERVIEW ROOM please click HERE.
should be booked under the firm's name and made for the night prior to
the interview date listed above (e.g., if you are scheduled to interview
on July 31, request an arrival date of July 30 and check-out date July
31). Please reserve only one room for each interview schedule you plan
- After receiving your hotel confirmation email you MUST complete the Interview Room Confirmation Form and the Credit Card Authorization Form. Once completed please email them to Jessica Frazee, Event Planning Manager at at email@example.com. Please make sure the credit card used to secure the room is valid through your reservation stay dates. If not, the guest will be required to present a new card at check-in.
2. To reserve a SLEEPING ROOM please click HERE.
- Reservations should be booked under the firm's name and made for the night prior to the interview date listed above (e.g., if you are scheduled to interview on July 31, request an arrival date of July 30 and check-out date July 31). Please reserve only one room for each interview schedule you plan to conduct.
HOSPITALITY SUITES & GUEST ROOM SUITES:
Many firms reserve additional hotel rooms or meeting rooms on the day of their interviews to be used as spaces for students to drop off resumes and speak with firm representatives.
- Hospitality Suites are meeting spaces located on the second floor of the hotel. ($200-$350/day plus catering needs)
- Guest Room Suites are spacious guest rooms with a separate living area. Available in three floor plans; Executive Suite, Capitol Suite, or Regency Suite. ($330-$470/day plus catering needs) IMPORTANT: Please only book ONE guest room suite per firm. These suites are to be used as hospitality suites, NOT for regular interviews.
reserve a hospitality suite please complete the Google form found
HERE. Be sure to complete the hospitality form by May 15, 2018. The
Hyatt will contact you directly to finalize your room reservation(s) and
Please contact Andrea Waters at (202)662-9301.