Early Interview Week
Georgetown Law's Early Interview Week (EIW) program is one of the largest law student interview programs in the country, generating nearly 7,000 interviews in just 5 days. The 2014 EIW program will be held from August 11 - 16, 2014 at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. This year Georgetown Law has decided to move to a hybrid interview assignment program. While 70% of a given interview schedule will remain lottery-based, 30% of the interview schedule will be students selected by employers.
Please read through the important dates, registration and hotel information below and refer to the EIW Employer Manual regularly throughout your firm's EIW participation to stay on top of important details.
- January 24, 2014: EIW Registration Open
- February 28, 2014: Employers notified of assigned on-campus interview dates
- May 2, 2014: EIW Registration Deadline
- May 23, 2014: Schedule Fees due and Employers viewable to students
- June 16-July 7, 2014: Student Bidding period
For a full EIW timeline please refer to page 7 of the EIW Employer Manual.
$750 for the first schedule
$400 for the second schedule
$375 for each additional schedule
NOTE: These fees do not include the hotel rooms, which are used for interviewing. Employers are responsible for booking the appropriate number of hotel rooms directly with the hotel.
How to Register
Employers may register online via Symplicity or via email by sending all contact information and hiring criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to register is May 2, 2014.
To register via Symplicity:
1. Log into Symplicity
2. Click on OCI and then "Schedule Request." Click on the gray "Request Schedule" button.
3. A form will open up. Change the session using the drop-down menu to "2014 Early Interview Week."
4. Fill out your hiring criteria, class years interviewing, preferred dates, office locations if registering multiple offices, and any other necessary details.
5. Click Submit. You will receive an automated email confirming receipt of your registration.
For more information please refer to page 5 of the EIW Employer Manual.
All EIW interviews will be held at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, 400 New Jersey Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC, 20001. Once you receive your EIW date confirmation e-mail you will need to make a hotel reservation for your interview room(s) online by clicking HERE. After you receive your hotel reservation confirmation email you MUST complete the Interview Confirmation form found HERE, once completed please email the form to Johanna Dierdorf, Catering/Convention Services Manager at email@example.com.
For additional information on booking hotel rooms, hospitality suites and guest room suites please refer to page 6 of the EIW Employer Manual.