Early Interview Week
Georgetown Law's Early Interview Week (EIW) program is one of the largest law student interview programs in the country, generating nearly 7,000 interviews in just 4 days. The 2015 EIW program will be held from August 10 - 13, 2015 at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. This year Georgetown Law will continue to use the hybrid interview assignment program. While 70% of a given interview schedule will remain lottery-based, 30% of the interview schedule will be students selected by employers.
Please read through the important dates, registration and hotel information below and refer to the EIW Employer Manual regularly throughout your firm's EIW participation to stay on top of important details.
Important Dates for 2015:
- January 30: EIW Registration Open via Symplicity
- February 25: Employers notified of assigned on-campus interview dates
- May 1: EIW Registration Deadline
- May 22: Schedule Fees due and Employers viewable to students
- June 24-July 8: Student Bidding period
For a full EIW timeline please refer to page 7 of the EIW Employer Manual.
$750 for the first schedule
$400 for the second schedule
$375 for each additional schedule
Invoices will be emailed out in April.
NOTE: These fees do not include the hotel rooms, which are used for interviewing. Employers are responsible for booking the appropriate number of hotel rooms directly with the hotel.
How to Register:
Employers may register online via Symplicity or via email by sending all contact information and hiring criteria to email@example.com. The deadline to register is May 1, 2015.
To register via Symplicity:
1. Log into Symplicity
2. Click on OCI and then "Schedule Request." Click on the gray "Request Schedule" button.
3. A form will open up. Change the session using the drop-down menu to "2015 Early Interview Week."
4. Fill out your hiring criteria, class years interviewing, preferred dates, office locations if registering multiple offices, and any other necessary details.
5. Click Submit. You will receive an automated email confirming receipt of your registration.
For more information please refer to page 5 of the EIW Employer Manual.
All EIW interviews will be held at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, 400 New Jersey Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC, 20001. Once you receive your EIW date confirmation e-mail you will need to make a hotel reservation for your interview room(s). Please book your room for the night prior to your interview date. Example: If you are interviewing on Tuesday, August 11 your Check-In date would be Monday, August 10 and your Check-Out date would be Tuesday, August 11.
To reserve your interview room(s) and/or guest room suite(s) please click HERE. Room reservations MUST be made by July 13, 2015.
- Hospitality Suites are
meeting spaces located on the second floor of the hotel. ($250-$350/day plus
catering needs). To reserve please contact Kelli Roessler, Catering/Convention Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 719-8404. Reservations MUST be made by July 9, 2015.
- Guest Room Suites are spacious guest rooms with a separate living area. Available in three floor plans; Executive Suite, Capitol Suite, or Regency Suite. These rooms can be reserved through the guest room reservation website found HERE or in your EIW date confirmation email.
For catering needs, please contact Kelli Roessler, Catering/Convention Services Manager at email@example.com or (202) 719-8404 to make the appropriate arrangements.
IMPORTANT: After booking your interview room(s) you MUST complete the Interview Room Confirmation Form and the Credit Card Authorization Form, please email the forms to Devon
Thurmond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information on booking hotel rooms, hospitality suites and guest room suites please refer to page 6 of the EIW Employer Manual.