Fall Government and Public Interest Recruitment Programs
The Georgetown Law Fall 2017 Government and Public Interest Recruitment Programs provide federal, state, and local government agencies and non-profit organizations the opportunity to recruit Georgetown Law students for summer internships and entry-level opportunities. The Fall Government and Public Interest Recruitment Programs consist of the Government and Public Interest Interview Program (GPI) series, our on-campus interview programs for paid or unpaid summer internships, the Government & Public Interest Resume Collect Program, and the Spotlight on Government Information Fair. The dates for our Fall 2017 recruitment programs are listed below.
Government and Public Interest Interview Program Series (GPI)
The Government and Public Interest Interview Programs (GPI) are on-campus recruitment programs open to government and public interest employers recruiting second- and third-year law students summer and/or entry-level positions. The GPI series will take place on Friday, September 8* (GPI - I), Monday, September 18 (GPI - II) and Thursday, October 5 (GPI - III).
*Please note: GPI - I (September 8) is only open to those employers recruiting for PAID summer internship and entry level attorney positions.
If you are unable to interview on these dates, please contact Robert Kaylor to make alternative arrangements.
We encourage employers to participate in our GPI series if they anticipate making offers during the fall semester. If you anticipate a longer timetable or you are interested in recruiting for academic year positions, please contact Robert Kaylor, Manager, Public Sector Recruitment by e-mail or at (202) 662-9842.
- The GPI programs are administered electronically via Symplicity, an online recruitment management system through which participating employers may register, receive student resumes and cover letters, and select candidates to interview.
- The programs are pre-screened: employers receive resumes and cover letters, and then select whom they wish to interview.
- All interviews are conducted ballroom style.
Government & Public Interest Resume Collect Program Overview:
If you are interested in recruiting our students for summer employment opportunities and cannot come to our on-campus interview programs, we invite you to participate in our Government & Public Interest Resume Collect Program. The Government & Public Interest Resume Collect Program is open to all employers offering paid or unpaid summer jobs. Please note, Georgetown Law students have guaranteed summer funding for unpaid public sector internships.
Spotlight on Government Information Fair
The Spotlight on Government Information Fair provides a forum for government employers and Georgetown Law students to engage in invaluable informational exchange about hiring programs and a range of federal, state and local government agencies. Spotlight 2017 will be held on October 11. Registration for Spotlight will open in September 2017.
How to Register for our fall recruitment programs:
- Login to Symplicity using your username and password. If you do not have a Georgetown Law Symplicity account, you must create one in order to proceed.
- Once you have logged in:
- complete the "Profile tab";
- click on "OCI";
- click on the "Request Schedule" button;
- select one of the following selections from the "Sessions" drop down menu:
- "2017 Government and Public Interest Interview Program Session I: (GPI - I)" - September 8 (PAID summer and entry level opportunities only)
- "2017 Government and Public Interest Interview Program Session II: GPI - II)" - September 18
- "2017 Government and Public Interest Interview Program Session III: (GPI - III)" - October 5
- "2017 Government Resume Collect Program"