Make an Appointment
Want to schedule an appointment with an OCS or OPICS advisor? Log into Symplicity now to get started! (This scheduling service will be available at 9am on Monday, October 2 - please forgive any inconvenience over the weekend)
- Once you've logged into Symplicity, under Shortcuts on the Home page click on "Make an Appointment"
- Click on "Request New Appointment"
- Choose your filters - you can filter by appointment type, date and time, office location (OCS or OPICS) and/or by counselor name
- Click Check Availability
- Select your appointment date and time by clicking on the counselor name
- A pop-up confirmation window will appear; complete all required fields and click Submit. A confirmation email will be sent as well as a reminder email.
A note to 1Ls: The National Association for Legal Career Professionals (NALP) sets forth guidelines regarding legal employment. These guidelines state that first-year students should not meet with career advisor before October 15 and should not contact employers before December 1. Most large law firms conform to the NALP guidelines. However, many government agencies and public interest organizations are not members of NALP, and a few set deadlines before December 1 for non-legal positions. 1L advisors are as follows:
Gary McGinnis (1Ls - OCS)
Celia Spiritos (all class years - OCS)
Rob Cacace (1Ls - OCS)
Nirvana Dove (OCS)
Jen Van Buren (1Ls - OCS)
Arielle Pacer (1Ls - OCS)
Marcia Shannon (OCS)
Michele Hoff (OCS)
Alumni: Recent JD graduates can schedule appointments online with Amy Killoran. JD alumni seeking private sector counseling can call 202-662-9300 to make an appointment with Marilyn Tucker. JD alumni seeking public sector counseling can schedule an appointment with OPICS by calling 202-662-9655.
If you experience any difficulties while scheduling an appointment, contact the OCS or OPICS front desks at 202-662-9300 (OCS) or 202-662-9655 (OPICS).