An Evening with David W. Wilmot
November 14, 2020 / 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Join in celebrating the contributions and legacy of David W. Wilmot (L’73), long-serving Dean of Admissions for the Law Center (1973-1989).
Our program will feature three live fireside chats with Dean Wilmot:
- The Early Years: In conversation with Johnny Barnes (L’73, L’76) and Joe Nunn
- The World of Legal Education: In conversation with Former Senior Assistant Dean Everett Bellamy and Professor Emerita Elizabeth Hayes Patterson
- Legal Practice, local economic development, and minority business participation: In conversation with Fred Cooke and Warner Session (L’82)
There will also be tributes from a number of special guests, including:
- University President John J. DeGioia
- Dean William M. Treanor
- Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (H’77, H’89, H’18)
- Former Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe (L’84)
- President and CEO of the Urban League, Marc Morial (L’83)
- Joining us as Master of Ceremonies will be journalist, author and political analyst Michelle Bernard (L’88), who is also founder and CEO of the Bernard Center for Women, Politics, and Public Policy.
Attendance at this event is complimentary. However, we invite your support for the endowed scholarship that has been established in Dean Wilmot’s honor. An option to contribute is available on the RSVP form linked above.
Dean Wilmot was a trailblazer in diversifying the Georgetown community and someone who personally influenced the lives and career paths of many of the students who passed through the Law Center’s doors. The David Wilmot Endowed Opportunity Scholarship Fund honors that legacy by supporting the success and well-being of multicultural students who have significant financial need, strong academic achievement, and a dedication to advancing diversity.