Building Bridges with Law and Technology
April 29 / 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Dean William M. Treanor welcomes the Georgetown Law community for a live, virtual event about the groundbreaking work our faculty is doing at the intersection of technology and the law.
Professor Paul Ohm, Professor of Law and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, moderates a panel of alumni and faculty leaders for a conversation on Georgetown Law’s Institute for Technology Law & Policy, our Center on Privacy & Technology, and areas of research including state and federal technology policy, intellectual property, and election integrity.
The discussion will also highlight educational offerings for Georgetown Law students, including the Technology Law and Policy Scholars Program, experiential opportunities in technology law, and classes like Computer Programming for Lawyers.
- Alvaro Bedoya – Visiting Professor of Law; Founding Director, Center on Privacy & Technology; Director, Federal Legislation Clinic
- Amanda Levendowski – Associate Professor of Law; Founding Director, Intellectual Property and Information Policy (iPIP) Clinic
- Laura Moy (LL.M.’16) – Associate Professor of Law; Director, Communications & Technology Law Clinic; Associate Director, Center on Privacy & Technology
- Howard Shelanski – Professor of Law; former Administrator, White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs
- Kendall Spencer (L’20) – Technology Law and Policy Scholar alumnus
Please join us to hear how Georgetown Law advances the cause of justice through innovative work in technology.