Revised closed captioning will be added to this recording within 1-2 business days. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Dean William M. Treanor convenes an All-Star team of Georgetown Law alumni for a panel discussion. This webinar looks at the future of how sporting events will be viewed, the impact of social justice movements, disparities in the pay and treatment of women athletes, the relationship between collegiate and professional sports here and abroad, and the question of compensation for student-athletes, including the case NCAA v. Alston, currently before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Brad Snyder, Professor of Law, moderates an alumni panel featuring:
- Pete Bevacqua (L’97), Chairman, NBC Sports Group
- Raquel Braun (L’10, sec. 7), Head of Competitive Gaming & Broadcast Strategy – Business Development, EA Sports
- Terri Jackson (C’89, L’92), Executive Director, Women’s National Basketball Players Association
- José Manuel Maza (L’15), Senior Legal Counsel, Real Madrid Club de Fútbol; Arbitrator, Court of Arbitration for Sport, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Mark Murphy (L’88, sec. 7), President and CEO, Green Bay Packers
The event concludes with the presentation of the inaugural GEMALaw Alumni Achievement Award in Sports to Mark Murphy.