Apply Now for Business Law Scholars
Apply for Cohort 8
Early application due March 30, 2024
This application is for applicants beginning Georgetown Law in Fall 2024. Because of the nature of the Business Law Scholars program, transfer students may not apply.
Students who are in the application process for Georgetown Law may apply concurrently to the Business Law Scholars program, regardless of admission status to Georgetown Law. Students will be selected for interviews by April 6, 2024 and decisions will be communicated to applicants by April 26, 2023 for all students admitted to Georgetown Law at that time – no rolling admissions. Other applicants will be notified within two weeks of acceptance to Georgetown Law after the deadline for applications has passed.
Students who do not apply prior to the Spring deadline may still be considered for Cohort 8, but will enter the pool of candidates applying during their first year of law school. (Applications for first year students will be accepted through the November 2024 deadline and communicated in January 2025.)
For questions or assistance in completing your application, contact Kirsten Alman, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many programs at Georgetown that are of interest to students who would like to become Business Law Scholars. Some may be compatible with the Business Law Scholars curriculum; some may not. Please consider these conflicts carefully as you prepare your application and consider your acceptance as a Business Law Scholar:
- Scholars Programs: Candidates may only accept admission to one of the Scholars Programs
- Georgetown’s Law Fellow Program: Many second-and third-year students participate in this program. Fellows are required to participate in a weekly seminar and in the writing class they support. These may not conflict with the Mini-MBA or with the Ownership, Leadership and Teams classes, each of which is taken with your cohort.
- Study Abroad: Semester-long programs may be possible for Business Law Scholars, but full-year programs will not, as there is one required class in year two of the JD and a second required class in year three of the JD.
- Dual Degree: Students who decide to do a dual degree program will be placed in the cohort that corresponds to the year they will graduate, usually one year after the cohort they were initially accepted into.
- Externships: Many Business Law Scholars do externships. The work schedule for the externship should not conflict with any required coursework.