Support for Scholarship
Editorial and Copyright Clearance Services
Faculty members interested in Editorial Services should reach out to Betsy Kuhn (x9407). Please include the following information:
- Type of publication (journal, casebook, teacher’s guide)
- Estimated Number of Pages (please indicate if page length is based on single or double spacing)
- Does the publisher have specific guidelines? If so, please include a copy of their requirements.
- Editorial Services Requested: Copy editing (grammar, style, consistency); Proofreading (generally reserved for page proofs—spelling, grammar, consistency); Formatting (conforming to publisher’s style guide)
- Copyright permission — Please let us know and we will provide your research assistant with form letters and spreadsheets as we do not handle permissions for manuscripts
If you need assistance with footnotes, please work with your RA. If you do not have an RA, please let us know and we will put you in touch with the RA at the Library.
Faculty Assistant Jennifer Lane can assist with the following services:
- Obtaining copyright permission for course materials. Professors must submit a form for all materials in a coursepack that requires copyright permission.
- Providing Georgetown Law’s Copyright Policy and General Copyright Guidelines
Professors who require copyright permission for books and other projects not related to course materials may contact Anna Selden. While Faculty Support does not process these requests, we will work with your RA to ensure that the RA has the necessary tools and templates to make and track those requests.