International and Foreign Law Reference Librarian
Williams Room 205F
Heather Casey is one of the International & Foreign Law Reference Librarians at the Wolff International Law Library. Prior to coming to Georgetown, Heather Casey was the Reference and Research Services Librarian at the University of Richmond. In addition to her reference responsibilities, she taught Legal Research in the first-year Lawyering Skills program. Ms. Casey also taught courses on legal research for paralegals at J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College. Ms. Casey previously worked in Louisiana, where she was the Foreign, Comparative, and International Law Librarian at the LSU Law Center. She graduated from William & Mary School of Law in 2009. While at William & Mary, she served as Notes Editor for the William & Mary Bill of Rights Journal. Before receiving her J.D., Ms. Casey obtained her M.L.S. from Drexel University in 2006. She is an active member of the American Association of Law Libraries and is a member of the Connecticut State Bar.
Publication List (2000–Present)
Forthcoming Works and Works in Progress
- Heather E. Casey, Christine Ciambella & Carla P. Wale, Legal Research in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia (William S. Hein & Co. 3d ed. forthcoming).
Contributions to Law Reviews and Other Scholarly Journals
- Heather Hamilton, 103 Law Libr. J. 143-144 (2011) (reviewing Eva Steiner, French Law: A Comparative Approach (2010)). [HEIN] [W]
- Heather Hamilton, 15 LH&RB 27-30 (2009) (reviewing Rande W. Kostal, A Jurisprudence of Power: Victorian Empire and the Rule of Law (2008)). [HEIN] [WWW]
- Heather Hamilton, 37 Int'l J. Legal Info. 403-405 (2009) (reviewing The Rise and Fall of the EU's Constitutional Treaty (Finn Laursen ed., 2008)). [HEIN] [W]
Selected Contributions to Other Publications
- Heather E. Casey, Foreign, Comparative and International Law Librarians Come Together to Hold Conferences for Law Librarians in Africa, Law Libr. Lights, Spring 2018, 9-11. [WWW]
- Heather E. Casey, The Continuing Education of Lawyers – Why It Matters, 61 Va. Law., Oct. 2012, at 54.
- Heather Hamilton, Foreign and International Resources of Note, One Stop, Mar./Apr. 2010, at 2.
- Heather Hamilton, Key Resources in International Law, 59 Va. Law., Dec. 2010, at 57.