Georgetown Law is Closed
Closed - all classes and scheduled events are cancelled for THURSDAY, MARCH 5, 2015. Designated emergency personnel must report to work on time. Instructional Continuity is in place for the faculty members that wish to exercise it.
For Journal Staff
Are your cite checking assignments piling up? We're here to help you with anything -- from identifying an obscure abbreviation to tracking down an ancient government document.
Any time you have questions about any aspect of legal research or using the Library, feel free to contact the Williams Reference Desk (Reading Room) or Wolff Reference Desk (main floor of Wolff Library) by visiting, calling 202-662-9140 (Williams) and 202-662-4195 (Wolff), emailing or via chat (see the 'Chat With a Librarian' button).
The following are the librarian liaisons to law journals for the current academic year
|American Criminal Law Review||Anne Guha|
|Georgetown Immigration Law Journal||Thanh Nguyen|
|Georgetown International Environmental Law Review||Mabel Shaw|
|Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law||Morgan Stoddard|
|Georgetown Journal of International Law||Heather Casey
|Georgetown Journal of Law & Public Policy||Sara Gras|
|Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics||Christine Ciambella|
|Georgetown Journal on Poverty Law & Policy||Barbara Monroe|
|Georgetown Law Journal||Jason Zarin|
|Georgetown Journal of Law and Modern Critical Race Perspectives||Carla Wale|
|Journal of National Security Law and Policy||Anne Guha|
|The Tax Lawyer||Jason Zarin|
Cite Checking Tools
These guides are available:
- Quick Tips for Journal Cite Checkers
- Finding Journal Articles
- How to find Electronic Copies of Journal Articles
- Finding Newspaper Articles
- Find International & Comparative Journal Articles
- The Bluebook
- Introduction to Basic Legal Citation (Cornell Law School)
- How to Request an Intercampus Book Loan from Main Campus Using GEORGE (the Main Campus library catalog) (Shockwave Flash video)
- Interlibrary Loan Instructions for Journal Staff
- Treatise Finder
- Library Catalog Tutorials
Doing Research for Your Note
- Research Strategies for Seminar Papers
- Tutorial on Researching Your Scholarly Writing
- Publishing Articles in Law Reviews and Journals Research
If you are looking for background on a specific area of law, start with our Treatise Finder to locate the preeminent treatises on a topic, as well as nutshells and other sources.
Need a more comprehensive guide to a specific research topic or technique? Visit our Research Guides page for links to guides on federal, state, foreign and international laws and topics.