Post-Argument Discussion of Sackett v. EPA
January 6, 2012 — Post-Argument Discussion of Sackett v. Environmental Protection Agency, No. 10-1062
During the morning of Monday, January 9, the Supreme Court will hear oral argument in Sackett v. Environmental Protection Agency, a case involving governmental enforcement of federal environmental laws against private property owners.
The panelists will discuss the oral argument, as well as case strategy, likely outcome, implications and importance of the case.
- This event is sponsored by the Georgetown Law Supreme Court Institute.
- A webcast will be available at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/webcast/.
- Media interested in attending should e-mail email@example.com.
- Damien M. Schiff, Senior Staff Attorney, National Litigation Center, Pacific Legal Foundation; Counsel for Chantell and Michael Sackett, Petitioners
- Virginia S. Albrecht, Partner, Hunton & Williams LLP; Counsel for American Petroleum Institute, Amicus Curiae
- Richard M. Frank, Professor of Environmental Practice and Director, California Environmental Law & Policy Center, University of California, Davis, School of Law
- Richard J. Lazarus, Professor, Harvard Law School
- Lisa Heinzerling, Professor, Georgetown University Law Center
Time and Location
Monday, January 9, 2012, 1:30 p.m.; Gewirz Student Center - 12th Floor 120 F Street, NW Washington, D.C. 20001