Georgetown Law Open on Time
The Law Center will open on time Monday, March 2, 2015, but liberal leave is in effect. All designated emergency employees must report to work on time. All other employees may take unscheduled leave, but should contact their supervisor to discuss the needs of their unit and individual circumstances.
Members of Georgetown Law Community Receive Burton Awards for Legal Achievement
April 29, 2013 —
David A. Schnitzer (L’13) has won a 2013 Burton Award for Legal Achievement for his paper, “Into Justice Jackson’s Twilight: A Constitutional and Historical Analysis of Treaty Termination.” Schnitzer and other winners from law schools and law firms around the country will receive their awards at a ceremony in the Great Hall of the Library of Congress on June 3.
Georgetown Law Professor Howard Shelanski, who is currently serving as director of the Federal Trade Commission’s Bureau of Economics and was recently nominated as administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, will be honored with a Burton Award for co-authoring “Merger Enforcement Across Political Administrations in the United States.” Several Georgetown Law alumni will also be presented with awards for authoring or co-authoring the following:
· Raphael A. Prober (L’03), “Preserving Privacy Within the Beltway”
· Jeffery A. Handelman (L’84), “Stretching Trademark Laws to Protect Product Design and Packaging”
· Mark P. Howe (L’84), “FACTA May Open Pandora’s Box of Civil and Criminal Tax Liability”
· Nathan Greene (L’99), “Jobs Act: SEC Proposal Would Dramatically Expand Marketing Options in Regulation D and Rule 144A Private Placements”
· Kate McDonald (L’10), “Supreme Court Affirms Opportunities and Uncertainties for Health Care Contractors”
The Burton Awards and the Burton Foundation were created by William C. Burton in 1999 to reward attorneys and law students for effective legal writing. The awards program is run in association with the Library of Congress. Burton is a named partner at Sagat Burton in New York and the author of Burton’s Legal Thesaurus.Share This Article