– NEW RELEASE: Set of 4 Briefs on Mental Health and Girls of Color –
In partnership with Dr. Kimberlyn Leary, Senior Scholar with our Center and Associate Professor at Harvard University, we are pleased to announce the release of a set of four issue briefs assessing the challenges and successes of school-based mental health care for girls of color and analyzing the broader context of mental health and communities of color. Please click on the links to access each brief:
1. Mental Health and Communities of Color;
2. Mental Health and Girls of Color;
3. The Promise and Challenge of School-Based Mental Health Care for Girls of Color; and
4. Mental Health, School-Based Health Centers, and Girls of Color: Policy and Practice Recommendations.
The policy and practice recommendations presented in these briefs comprise a set of proposals to enhance mental health outcomes for girls of color and support them to thrive.
These briefs were made possible by the generous support of the 4Girls Foundation.
Access our original research and reports on adultification, school discipline, sex trafficking the juvenile justice system, and more.
This platform provides the public with access to general resources relevant to trauma-informed approaches to girls of color in schools.
This storytelling portal provides information about adultification bias, an opportunity to share stories, and a forum for strategies and solutions. Our goal is to elevate awareness of adultification bias, engage in the power of storytelling by centering the voices of Black women and girls, and help pave the way toward reform.