Join our team!
We’re currently welcoming applications for the following positions:
Director of Research and Advocacy, Center on Privacy & Technology at Georgetown Law
Are you a strong writer and editor? A seasoned advocate? Are you comfortable—no, actually, do you enjoy managing and training others? Are you committed to social and racial justice?
Excellent. Then we, the people of the Center on Privacy & Technology at Georgetown Law urge you to apply to be the Center’s new Director of Research and Advocacy. (Apply here.)
What’s the job?
This is the most critical hire we’ve made in years. If we’re lucky enough to hire you, you’ll be a part of the Center’s four-person leadership team, where you’ll help shape the Center’s overall programming and strategy. You’ll also:
- Manage the day-to-day work of the Center’s staff of four to seven people;
- Edit major research reports, filings, op-eds, and high-profile public writing;
- Help staff develop and execute policy advocacy and campaign strategies;
- Work with the Founding Director to teach and manage six practicum students;
- Work with the Director of Communications & Operations to apply, manage, and report on grants; and
- Represent the Center to funders, faculty, and other stakeholders.
The Director of Research & Advocacy will report to the Center’s Founding Director, Alvaro Bedoya.
What’s the Center?
The Center on Privacy & Technology is a think tank focused on privacy and surveillance law and policy—and the communities they affect. We believe that privacy is a fundamental right under threat from both government and corporate surveillance, especially for historically marginalized people. Through research and advocacy, we challenge that surveillance and work towards a world where privacy protects everyone. Read about our mission, staff, and our work on our website.
Sounds amazing, how can I apply?
Go to the Georgetown Career webpage and apply via Georgetown’s portal. Make sure to include a cover letter and resume! You can upload both files in the resume box while applying.
The job posting looks like it has been up for a while, am I too late?
If the job posting is still up, we are still considering applicants. We will review applications and conduct interviews on a rolling basis.