Accessibility Services collaborates with the Office of Residence Life to coordinate approved accessibility-related housing accommodations. Students requesting accommodations for housing in Gewirz must complete the Registration Form and submit documentation prior to the housing selection process. Requests approved after the housing lottery will be honored subject to available space and resources. The Office of Residence Life also assists students with disabilities who may seek housing nearby or in the D.C. metro area.

Personal Care Attendants

Finding a personal care attendant (PCA) represents a significant decision for a student with a disability. Accessibility Services acts as a resource for students making decisions regarding appropriate services; however, the Law Center does not coordinate hiring and paying for PCA services. Students are encouraged to check eligibility for payment of services through Rehabilitation Services. Some students prefer to work with an agency that provides PCA services; others create a job description and advertise. It can be helpful to prepare interview questions and request references to determine an appropriate fit.

PCAs are considered Sponsored University Associates (SUAs). SUAs engage with the Law Center in non-academic roles and do not function as employees of the university. PCAs must register with the University in order to be eligible to access campus facilities. The student and PCA should be in contact with Accessibility Services to complete SUA paperwork in a timely fashion. If a PCA requires on-campus housing, the student is responsible for the relevant costs of living on campus.