The Gewirz Student Center includes on-campus apartments with a range of accessibility features. In addition to apartment-specific accommodation options, students with documented disabilities can request an assistance animal or other apartment-agnostic accommodations.  Students seeking an accommodation for on-campus housing should complete this process before housing assignments are made. Requests that are approved after the housing lottery will be honored subject to available space and resources.

STEP 1: Register with the Office of Disability Services.

STEP 2: Submit Disability Documentation and the Housing Accommodation Request Form prior to the housing selection process.

STEP 3: Evaluation of Request. Once the housing accommodation request form and documentation are received the Director of Disability Services will review the paperwork.

STEP 4: Schedule a Conversation. Discuss your housing accommodation request with the Director of Disability Services.

STEP 5: Email Notification. The Director of Disability Services will send an email notifying the student whether or not the request can be accommodated and will outline their next steps.

STEP 6: Appeal Process. If a request is denied, a student can follow the appeals process outlined in the policy for requesting accommodations at the Law Center.


Service and Assistance Animals

As part of the University’s commitment to accommodate persons with disabilities, particularly persons who need the assistance of service animals, IDEAA has developed the guidelines to address service and assistance animal requests and usage on Georgetown University’s three campuses. For additional information regarding services animals, review the University’s Guidelines for Service and Assistance Animals on Georgetown’s Campuses.

Emotional Support Animals in University Housing

The Law Center complies with the Fair Housing Act in allowing students the use of emotional support animals that are approved as an accommodation in Gewirz. Additional information can be found in the Policy on Emotional Support Animals in University Housing.