Penebaker v. Hitt
ICAP and Law Forward represent Wisconsin taxpayers, voters, and presidential electors in a lawsuit against the fraudulent electors and their co-conspirators who sought to have their votes for Trump and Pence counted on January 6 instead of the votes of the legitimate presidential electors whose ballots represented the will of the Wisconsin voters.
- 8/10/23 – Order issued by the Wisconsin state court denying in substantial part defendants’ motions to dismiss and allowing the case to proceed to discovery, finding that the complaint adequately alleged claims for civil conspiracy, public nuisance, and quo warranto (unlawful usurpation of public office) against the Wisconsin fraudulent electors.
- 6/21/23 – Filed a brief in Wisconsin state court opposing defendants’ motion to strike certain sections from our complaint that provide important context for their actions
- 6/21/23 – Filed a brief opposing defendants’ motion to dismiss in Wisconsin state court
- 3/24/23 – Filed an amended complaint in Wisconsin state court
- 2/10/23 – Order issued by U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin remanding case back to Wisconsin state court
- 5/17/22 – Filed a complaint in Wisconsin state court