Faculty Scholarship Database
Wallace Mlyniec View complete profile
Wallace J. Mlyniec
Note: This bibliography changes the order of authors so that Georgetown authors are listed first.
Forthcoming Works and Works in Progress
- Wallace J. Mlyniec, The Role of Law School Clinics in Implementing the Gault Decision, in The Right to Remain Children: Race and Juvenile Justice 50 Years After Gault (forthcoming).
- Wallace J. Mlyniec, Jane H. Aiken & Deborah Epstein, Teaching the Clinic Seminar (St. Paul, Minn.: West Academic 2014).
- Wallace J. Mlyniec, Jane H. Aiken & Deborah Epstein, The Clinic Seminar (St. Paul, Minn.: West Academic 2014).
- Wallace J. Mlyniec, Construction Notes: Transforming a Campus in Washington, D.C. (Garrett Park, Md.: On This Spot Productions 2006). [BOOK]
- Office of Research and Program Development, American Bar Assocation Central European and Eurasian Law Initiative, Analysis of the Draft Code of Children for the Kyrgyz Republic (American Bar Association 2005) (Wallace J. Mlyniec, Contributor). [BOOK]
- Youth in the Criminal Justice System: Guidelines for Policy Makers (Wash., D.C.: Task Force on Youth in the Criminal Justice System of the American Bar Association Criminal Justice Section 2001) (Wallace J. Mlyniec, Contributor).
Contributions to Law Reviews and Other Scholarly Journals
- Wallace J. Mlyniec, Lawyering Practice: Uncovering Unconscious Influences Before Rather Than After Errors Occur, 51 New Eng. L. Rev. 81-95 (2017). [HEIN] [W]
- Wallace J. Mlyniec & Haley D. Etchison, Conceptualizing Student Practice for the 21st Century: Educational and Ethical Considerations in Modernizing the District of Columbia Student Practice Rules, 28 Geo. J. Legal Ethics 207-270 (2015). [HEIN] [W] [SSRN] [Gtown Law]
- Wallace J. Mlyniec, Developing a Teacher Training Program for New Clinical Teachers, 19 Clinical L. Rev. 327-345 (2012). [HEIN] [W] [SSRN] [Gtown Law]
- Wallace J. Mlyniec, Where to Begin? Training New Teachers in the Art of Clinical Pedagogy, 18 Clinical L. Rev. 505-591 (2012). [HEIN] [W] [SSRN] [Gtown Law]
- Wallace J. Mlyniec, The Implications of Articles 37 and 40 of the Convention on the Rights of the Child for U.S. Juvenile Justice and U.S. Ratification of the Convention, Child Welfare, Sept./Oct. 2010, at 103-120.
- Wallace J. Mlyniec, In re Gault at 40: The Right to Counsel in Juvenile Court -- A Promise Unfulfilled, 44 Crim. L. Bull. 371-412 (2008). [W]
- Wallace J. Mlyniec & Anne H. Geraghty, Unified Family Courts: Tempering Enthusiasm with Caution, 40 Fam. Ct. Rev. 435-452 (2002). [W]
Book Chapters and Collected Works
- Wallace J. Mlyniec, The Evolving Design of a First Generation Clinic, in Transforming the Education of Lawyers: The Theory and Practice of Clinical Pedagogy 320-326 (Susan Bryant, Elliott S. Milstein & Ann C. Shalleck eds., Durham, N.C.: Carolina Academic Press 2014). [BOOK]
- Juvenile Law and Practice, in 1 The District of Columbia Practice Manual (Wash., D.C.: District of Columbia Bar Association 8th-17th ed. 1999-2008) (Wallace J. Mlyniec, Contributor). [BOOK]
U.S. Supreme Court Briefs
- Brief of Northwestern University School of Law's Children and Family Justice Center and Center on Wrongful Convictions of Youth, et al. as Amici Curiae in Support of Petitioner, Montgomery v. Louisiana, No. 14-280 (U.S. July 29, 2015).
- Parental Kidnaping Prevention Act of 1979: Hearing on S. 105 Before the S. Subcomm. on Criminal Justice of the S. Comm. on the Judiciary & the S. Subcomm. on Child & Human Dev. of the S. Comm. on Labor & Human Res., 96th Cong., Jan. 30, 1980 (Statement of Wallace J. Mlyniec) (CIS-No.: 80-S521-51).
- Serious Youth Crime: Hearing Before the S. Subcomm. on Juvenile Deliquency of the S. Comm. on the Judiciary, 95th Cong., Apr. 10, 12, 1978 (Statement of Wallace J. Mlyniec) (CIS-No.: 79-S521-11).
- Child Abuse Prevention: Hearing Before the H. Comm. on the District of Columbia, 93d Cong., Aug. 14, 1974 (Statement of Wallace J. Mlyniec) (CIS-No.: 75-H301-20).