Faculty Scholarship Database
Timothy Westmoreland View complete profile
Timothy M. Westmoreland
Note: This bibliography changes the order of authors so that Georgetown authors are listed first.
- Timothy M. Westmoreland & Elenora E. Conners, Legal Solutions in Health Reform: Project Overview and Emerging Themes (Wash., D.C.: The O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law 2009).
Contributions to Law Reviews and Other Scholarly Journals
- Timothy M. Westmoreland & Sara Rosenbaum, Restructuring Medicaid as Block Grants — Unconstitutional Coercion?, 372 New Eng. J. Med. 1785-1787 (2015). [W]
- Timothy M. Westmoreland & Sara Rosenbaum, The Supreme Court’s Surprising Decision on the Medicaid Expansion: How Will the Federal Government and States Proceed?, 31 Health Aff. 1663-1672 (2012).
- Timothy M. Westmoreland, Can We Get There from Here? Universal Health Insurance and the Congressional Budget Process, 96 Geo. L.J. 523-538 (2008). [HEIN] [W]
- Timothy M. Westmoreland, Standard Errors: How Budget Rules Distort Lawmaking, 95 Geo. L.J. 1555-1610 (2007). [HEIN] [W]
- Timothy M. Westmoreland & Kathryn R. Watson, Redeeming Hollow Promises: The Case For Mandatory Spending on Health Care for American Indians and Alaska Natives, 96 Am. J. Pub. Health 600-605 (2006). [W]
- Timothy M. Westmoreland, Sherry Glied, Linda Bilheimer, Judith Feder, Len Nichols & Kenneth Thorpe, Health Policy Roundtable--Policy By Numbers: The Role of Budget Estimates and Scoring in Health Care Reform, 40 Health Services Res. 347-359 (2005).
Book Chapters and Collected Works
- Timothy M. Westmoreland, Invisible Forces at Work: Health Legislation and Budget Processes, in The Oxford Handbook of U.S. Health Law 873-891 (I. Glenn Cohen, Allison K. Hoffman & William M. Sage eds., New York: Oxford University Press 2017). [BOOK]
U.S. Supreme Court Briefs
- Amici Curiae Brief of Public Health Deans, Department Chairs, and Faculty and the American Public Health Association in Support of Petitioners, Whole Woman's Health v. Cole, No. 15-274 (U.S. Jan. 4, 2016).
- Medicaid Oversight: Existing Problems and Ways to Strengthen the Program: Hearing Before the Subcomm. on Oversight & Investigations of the H. Comm. on Energy & Commerce, 115th Cong., Jan. 31, 2017 (Statement of Timothy M. Westmoreland) (CIS No.: Pending).