Law Library Fines
Law Library fines are charged according to the following schedule:
|Reserve||General Collection||Video||Overdue Recall||Lost Item|
|$2.00 per hour||$1.00 per day||$2.00 per day||$5.00 per day||$134.00 per item|
- Renew your books, to avoid fines, through your Library Account.
- Late general collection materials accrue daily fines.
- Late course and other reserve items accrue fines immediately and at an hourly rate.
- All fines and charges are added to the patron’s student account.
- Payments must be made through Student Accounts office. Payments are not accepted at the circulation desk.
- Email the Circulation Desk, call (202-662-9131), or visit the Circulation Desk in Williams for questions concerning the amount or the reason for fines or charges.
- All items overdue by four weeks are declared lost by the Law Library.
- The patron will be charged a lost book fee, a processing fee, and the accrued overdue fine for a total cost of $134.00.
- Replacement bills for videos are issued at one week past the due date.
- Replacement bills for Reserve materials are issued four days past the due date.
- You will receive an emailed notice if an item you borrowed has been recalled.
- You will be provided a new due date for the item.
- Fines will be assessed if a recalled item is not returned by the new due date.
Overdue Fine/Lost Book Appeal
- Contact the circulation desk to appeal a notice for a fine or submit an Overdue/Lost Book Fine Appeal Form.
- Be prepared to explain why the book was not renewed.
Claims Returned Procedure
- Contact the circulation desk if you received a lost book or overdue notice for materials that you believe have been returned, or submit a Patron Claims Returned Form (which contains additional information regarding our Claims Returned Procedure).
- Your library privileges are not affected while the Library investigates your claim.