Any community member may report an access barrier (inaccessible content) on any Georgetown website by completing the Request Accessibility Help Form.


Students navigating temporary medical conditions that impact their ability to access the buildings in which they live or work and who cannot access another form of transportation may submit documentation from a provider that supports a request for access to parking by indicating:

  1. a description of the functional limitations as they relate to the major life activity that is impacted by the student’s disability or disabilities, and
  2. a direct link between the functional limitations associated with the student’s disability and the request for access to parking.

A student with a state-issued disability permit must visit the Parking & Transportation Office in McDonough Suite 154 to register their car and retrieve a hangtag. The Law Center does not provide transportation for students to get to class once they are on campus. Students with mobility impairments may consider purchasing or renting a personal mobility device to help them navigate campus.


Georgetown University does not provide personalized transportation service to students who have sustained leg injuries or are immobile. Georgetown University Transportation Shuttles (GUTS) are ADA accessible and equipped with wheelchair lifts. Please contact the Office of Transportation Management to ensure accessibility requirements are met for contracted buses. Students may contact the Department of Public Safety (visit the security desk on the second floor of McDonough or call 202.662.9325) to request a wheelchair accessible shopping shuttle.


Accessibility Services collaborates with the Office of Residence Life to coordinate approved accessibility-related housing accommodations. Students requesting accommodations for housing in Gewirz must complete the Registration Form and submit documentation prior to the housing selection process. Requests approved after the housing lottery will be honored subject to available space and resources. The Office of Residence Life also assists students with disabilities who may seek housing nearby or in the D.C. metro area.

Personal Care Attendants

Finding a personal care attendant (PCA) represents a significant decision for a student with a disability. Accessibility Services acts as a resource for students making decisions regarding appropriate services; however, the Law Center does not coordinate hiring and paying for PCA services. Students are encouraged to check eligibility for payment of services through Rehabilitation Services. Some students prefer to work with an agency that provides PCA services; others create a job description and advertise. It can be helpful to prepare interview questions and request references to determine an appropriate fit.

PCAs are considered Sponsored University Associates (SUAs). SUAs engage with the Law Center in non-academic roles and do not function as employees of the university. PCAs must register with the University in order to be eligible to access campus facilities. The student and PCA should be in contact with Accessibility Services to complete SUA paperwork in a timely fashion. If a PCA requires on-campus housing, the student is responsible for the relevant costs of living on campus.

Assistive Technology Resources

Kurzweil | Microsoft OneNote | Private Study Scholar Rooms

Law Center Campus Animal Policy

Emotional Support Animals | Service Animals