*Walk in advising hours are suspended until further notice. To schedule an appointment, please email your international student advisor*

We will work closely with you to advise you and provide updated information about issues affecting your immigration status. Please review this information frequently and contact us if you have questions or concerns.

International Student Advisors Do Not Provide Legal Advice
Guidance from IS Advisors does not constitute legal advice and should not be construed as such. You are encouraged to consult an immigration attorney for legal guidance. U.S. immigration authorities, including the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Department of State (DOS), make determinations regarding individual immigration status and eligibility for benefits.


Our offices are in the Graduate Programs suite (Hotung 5000).

When the Office is Closed

Travel Signatures

If you are leaving the U.S. before the office reopens or you are already overseas and in need of a travel signature or new I-20/DS-2019, please complete a shipping request via eShipGlobal and email us to request a document. We will issue the I-20 or DS-2019 and send it to you when the office reopens.

Lost/Stolen Passport

If your passport is lost or stolen while you are in the United States, please contact your local embassy to apply for a replacement. Please note that some embassies require a police report in the case of a stolen passport.

Visa Delays

If you are a continuing student experiencing delays with your visa renewal, please contact your international student advisor when the office reopens to discuss your situation.

Immigration-Related Emergencies

Call the Department of Public Safety (DPS) at 202-662-9325. Inform DPS that you are an international student and DPS will contact an advisor. Examples of immigration-related emergencies: trouble at the U.S. port of entry, immediate danger of deportation, arrest.