Next Swearing-In Ceremony: Thursday June 20, 2024, Washington, DC
One benefit of a Georgetown Law education is close proximity to resources offered by the nation’s capital. Take advantage and join us for a memorable day at the highest Court in the land. Apply for admission to the Bar of the United States Supreme Court!
U.S. Supreme Court Swearing-In Ceremony
Reception in the Courthouse to follow
June 22, 2023 | 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Reasons to apply:
- Ability to practice before the Court.
- Supreme Court Bar certificate signed by the Justices.
- Special access to a members-only section of the courtroom. Located directly behind the arguing attorneys, it is an ideal spot to watch the action and a valuable asset for those high-profile cases with limited public seating.
- Access to the Court’s library, which contains over 600,000 print volumes, 200,000 microforms, and a wide variety of electronic resources.
- The Georgetown Law celebration, which takes place in the main courtroom before the entire bench and is followed by a reception. It’s not uncommon for a Justice or two to make an appearance at the reception, take photographs, and offer their congratulations!
- Submit the online Form of Intent to hold a place on the list.
- Timely submit a complete, correct copy of the Bar Application and supporting documentation by the deadline, April 21, 2023: Supreme Court Bar Application
- Obtain a certificate from the clerk, presiding judge, or other authorized official of the highest Court where licensed to practice evidencing the fact that you have been a member in good standing of the Bar for at least 3 years.
- MAIL a $200 check made payable to the “Supreme Court of the United States”, your application, and supporting documentation to:
Georgetown University Law Center
Office of Alumni Affairs
Attention: Kelsey L. Jarrett
600 New Jersey Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
More detailed instructions and FAQ’s are provided in our informational packet.
Materials must be received no later than Friday, APRIL 21, 2023. If materials are not received by the deadline, you will be unable to participate in the ceremony.
Space is limited. Reservations accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Questions? Contact Kelsey Jarrett in Alumni Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.