Please join us on Tuesday, January 23, from 12:00-1:00 p.m. ET for the “Weaponising Evidence: A History of Tobacco Control in International Law” book launch event. Thomas Bollyky, Oscar Cabrera, Sam Halabi, and Alexandra Phelan will join Margherita Melillo to highlight some of the important lessons from her book.
The event will begin with Katie Gottschalk delivering opening remarks. Then, the panelists will lead a conversation exploring the functioning of international organizations, the role of corporate actors and civil society organizations, and the importance and limits of science in law-making and litigation.
Opening remarks from Katie Gottschalk
– Thomas J. Bollyky, Council on Foreign Relations
– Oscar A. Cabrera, O’Neill Institute
– Margherita Melillo, O’Neill Institute and author
– Sam Halabi, O’Neill Institute
– Alexandra Phelan, John Hopkins Center for Health Security