When making international calls from within the Law Center you will need to do the following:
- Dial 8 to get an outside line
- Enter the United States Exit Code 011
- Enter the Country Code that you calling to
- Enter the national subscriber number of the person or organization
- For calls originating within the Georgetown Law Center to most countries the format will be : 8 – 011 – country code – national subscriber number
Country codes can be found by using the HowtoCallAbroad.com International Calling Guide.
- For calls originating within the Georgetown Law Center to countries within the North American Numbering Plan the format will be:
8 – 1 – area code – subscriber number (same as dialing a US state to state call).
The North American Numbering Plan (NANP) is an integrated telephone numbering plan serving 20 North American countries that share its resources. These countries include the United States and its territories, Canada, Bermuda, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, the Bahamas, Barbados, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Dominica, the Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Montserrat, Sint Maarten, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, and Turks & Caicos.