Request an I-20 or DS-2019
Step 1: Complete IQ and Register for Portal Account
After you have been admitted, complete the International Student Questionnaire (IQ) to request a link for creating your International Student Portal account.
After your second deposit has been received and processed, an automated email containing a link to the International Student Portal will be sent to the email address you listed on your original Georgetown application. You must follow three steps to activate your Portal account:
- Click the link in the “International Student Portal – Account Creation” email to create your Portal account and set your password.
- You will get a second email confirming the creation of your account: “International Student Portal – Registration Confirmation Link”. Click the link in the email.
- Once you get a message that your registration has been confirmed, you can log into the Portal.
Please be sure to use the name listed on your passport biographic page when you register for your International Student Portal account.
PLEASE RECORD YOUR PORTAL EMAIL ADDRESS AND PASSWORD. YOU WILL USE THIS INFORMATION AGAIN TO COMPLETE THE IMMIGRATION DOCUMENT REVIEW AFTER YOU ARRIVE IN THE UNITED STATES.
If you do not receive the “International Student Portal – Account Creation” email, the most common reasons are:
- The University has not yet received your confirmation of intent to enroll and/or your second deposit. It may take up to 7 days for this to be processed.
- You are using a different email address from the one you listed on the International Student Questionnaire.
- Your email inbox directed the message to your spam/junk folder.
If you have not received an email
invitation to the Portal and do not know the reason, please contact us
directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request access.
2: Prepare Supporting Documents
You must submit supporting documents during the Immigration Document Request process. Please prepare the following documents before uploading them in the International Student Portal.
3: Upload Supporting Documents to the Portal
Upload your supporting documents to the Portal.
We review the documents and mark as "approved" or "declined."
If your document has been declined, an email will be sent to your Portal account email address with the reason the document could not be accepted. You will need to upload a new file in your Portal account.
If your document status or requirement status says "Needs Review", your record has not yet been reviewed.
We will not create your Form I-20 or DS-2019 unless each document you have uploaded is marked "Approved" and each required category is marked as "Complete".
Completed submissions are usually processed within 3 weeks.