Search Before the Search
The Search Before the Search (SBTS) is an initiative developed for first-year students by the Office of Public Interest & Community Service (OPICS) and the Office of Career Services (OCS) in partnership with the Office of the Dean of Students (ODOS). SBTS helps first-year students take ownership of their professional development from the first days of law school. Sessions are held throughout the academic year and cover topics ranging from personal values assessment and maximizing co-curricular activities in law school to summer job essentials and professionalism in the work place.
SBTS provides opportunities for students to
- be reflective about their individual strengths, values and goals
- become educated about the breadth of careers in the law and how to purse them
- consider how different legal settings align with personal strengths and goals
- develop a long-term carer plan and path to build relevant the relevant legal and related skills
The Fall 2014 schedule will be posted in late August.
Fall 2013 Schedule
Career Ownership: Defining Your Career Path
- Monday, Sept. 9, 2013, 3:30 p.m., Hart Auditorium
Taking Stock and Creating Your Individual Development Plan: Beginning with Your Values, Skills, and Interests
- Dates, times, and locations vary -- TBA directly to students
- Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2013, 3:30 p.m., Hart Auditorium
- This session will be held immediately prior to World of Choices.
Bringing It All Together: Launching Your Search
- Monday, Oct. 28, 3:30 p.m., Hart Auditorium