Duplicate/Replacement Diploma Ordering

Please complete the Duplicate & Replacement Google Form below to submit a request for a duplicate/replacement Georgetown University Law Center diploma.

Duplicate & Replacement Diploma Request Form

If a name has changed since a student graduated, duplicate or replacement diplomas will reflect the name as of when the student graduated from Georgetown Law.  Alumni who wish to change their name in our records or on their diploma should submit a Name Change Request.  Learn more information about name change requests.

The cost of a duplicate and/or replacement diploma is $60.00, payable when the request is made.  You may pay submit your payment online through the Online Payment Form.  Checks should be made out to Georgetown University Law Center, and mailed to:

Georgetown University Law Center
Office of the Registrar
Hotung Building, Suite 4101
600 New Jersey Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20001

To guard against fraud, all duplicate diplomas will indicate the following notation (with the date the order is issued): “Duplicate Issued XX-XX-XXXX.”  This indication will appear in the lower right-hand corner of the diploma and is non-negotiable.  This notation will not appear on replacement diplomas if the original diploma is sent back to the Office of the Registrar.

Orders for duplicate and/or replacement diplomas will take a minimum of 6 weeks to be processed by our vendor.  Expedition is NOT available.  Duplicate and/or replacement diplomas will not be released to any graduate with an account balance.

Diploma Translations

Diplomas are printed in Latin and cannot be printed in any other language.  To request an official diploma translation, please complete a Certification Request Form via Hoya360:

For instructions, please review Hoya360 Student Certification Instructions.

For instructions on getting a NETID, please click Get A NETID.  Alumni who graduated prior to 1979 who do not have a NETID login, please email the Office of the Registrar at lawreg@georgetown.edu and we will email you the request form to complete.