Latin American and Caribbean Law Alumni Advisory Board (LALAAB)
The Latin American Law Alumni Advisory Board (LALAAB) will provide counsel and support to the Dean on all matters related to the
advancement of teaching, scholarship, and service at the Law Center.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- To serve as senior Georgetown Law ambassadors and strengthen the school’s international visibility and reputation in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- To identify and report on trends in legal practice and education in Latin America and the Caribbean so that Georgetown Law’s curriculum and programs may respond to the changing nature of global practice and trends in legal education.
- To advise on ways Georgetown Law may enhance in its connections with alumni in the region and lead in fostering the creation of a sustainable, organized, and active global alumni network.
- To assist in identifying opportunities for international programs and continuing education with stakeholders in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- To support Georgetown Law’s objective to increase scholarships for international students.
- To advise on ways the Georgetown Law may enhance the marketing and visibility of its programs and on ways to increase international internships and employment opportunities for both J.D. and LL.M. students and graduates.