Write On Competition
The Office of Journal Administration (OJA) oversees the annual Write On Competition. The Write On Competition is open to first-year students and students who are transferring to Georgetown.
The Competition consists of a case comment and a Bluebook test. Some journals also request a separate personal statement and/or resume.
The Competition packet is a closed packet. Students may only consult limited materials while writing their own Competition paper. The materials may include cases, statutes, and commentary. You may use the resources provided below at any time, including during your Competition window.
Students must participate in the Write On Competition to gain membership on one of OJA’s 11 journals.
Scroll down for :
- competition links
- informational materials
Georgetown 1st Years: May 19, 2023 - July 5, 2023
The Write On Competition for Georgetown 1st Years will take place from May 19, 2023 - July 5, 2023. Students will have 14 days from the moment of access to return materials, and may choose any 14 days in the period.
Transfer Students: May 19, 2023 - July 5, 2023
The Write On Competition for Transfer students will take place from May 19, 2023 - July 5, 2023. Students will have 14 days from the moment of access to return materials, and may choose any 14 days in the period. All transfer students will use their primary email from the Admissions office to log in. Transfer applicants who have not been admitted yet should read the Transfer FAQs below about participation, and then contact OJA if you decide to participate before being admitted.
Write On Competition Information
- Georgetown 1st Years: Information and FAQs (2023)
- Transfer Students: Information and FAQs (2023)
- Journals Comparison Chart (2023)
- Study Abroad Policies (2023)
- Letters from the Journal Editors (2023)
- Personal Statement Prompts (2023)
- Town Hall (2023)
- Sample Materials & Case Comment (2021)
- How to Write a Case Comment Packet (2023)
- Sample Materials & Case Comment (2022)
- How to Write a Case Comment Presentation (2023)
- How to Write a Case Comment (recording) (2023)
- Bluebook Workshop (2023)
- Bluebook Workshop Slides (2023)
- Sample Instructions (2023)
- Terms & Conditions (2023)