DC Fintech Week (Virtual) Oct. 19-22, 2020
October 16, 2020
WASHINGTON, DC –Georgetown Law’s Institute of International Economic Law (IIEL) and the Institute for Financial Markets (IFM) are cohosting the fourth annual DC Fintech Week virtually from October 19-22, 2020.
During the fourth annual DC Fintech Week conference, thought-leaders from fintech firms across the country describe their business and explain how their services intersect with markets to a global audience of policymakers, market participants, and lawyers. Top regulators and lawmakers then join the conversation to lend their unique perspectives to share with the audience.
Georgetown Law Professor and IIEL Faculty Director Chris Brummer will hold one-on-one conversations with entrepreneurs – such as, musical artist Akon, creator of Akoin — private sector leaders, including Ethereum cofounder Joe Lubin and Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse – and leaders from international institutions, academia, media, startups, and U.S. and foreign governments.
Additionally, panel discussions will cover topics including regulating Libra, the emergence of central bank digital currencies, to the impact of COVID-19 on crypto, venture capital after George Floyd, how to make Fintech more inclusive, and much more.
Monday, Oct. 19 – “Making (or Breaking) Money”
- Mark Branson, CEO, Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (on how Switzerland will regulate the Libra cryptocurrency first introduced by Facebook)
- Brad Garlinghouse, CEO, Ripple
- Brian Brooks, Acting Comptroller of the Currency, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Heath Tarbert, Chairman, Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Benoît Cœuré , Head of the BIS Innovation Hub
- Jon Cunliffe, Deputy Governor, Bank of England
- Cecilia Skingsley, First Deputy Governor, Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden)
- Christopher Giancarlo, Co-Founder, Digital Dollar Foundation; Senior Counsel, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP; Former Chairman, CFTC
Tuesday, Oct. 20 – “Transformational Technologies”
- Patrick Njoroge, Governor, Central Bank of Kenya (on how Mpesa is impacting the global cryptocurrency conversation)
- Kenneth Blanco, Director, Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
- Kahina Van Dyke, Global Head, Digital Channels And Client Data Analytics, Standard Chartered Bank
- Yolande Piazza, VP Financial Services, Google Cloud
Wednesday, Oct 21– “Demo Day”
- Jonathan Levin, Co-Founder, Chainalysis
- Brent McIntosh, Under Secretary for International Affairs, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Gene Ludwig, CEO, Promontory Financial Group
Thursday, Oct 22 – “Inclusive Fintech”
- Akon, Creator, Akoin.io
- A panel of venture capitalists on “VC after George Floyd”
- Adeyemi Ajao, Managing Partner, Base10
- Wade Arnold, CEO, Moov
- Mary Ellen Iskenderian, President And Ceo, Women’s World Banking
- Jalak Jobanputra, Founding Partner, Future\Perfect Ventures
- Rosie Rios, Former Treasurer of the U.S.
- Sharon Bowen, former Commissioner, CFTC
- Linda Lacewell, Superintendent, New York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS)
Monday – Thursday
October 19 –22, 2020
Please create a free profile on the conference platform to attend DC Fintech Week for free.
Follow on Social: