- Make a Service Desk appointment for technology needs
- Request a Smartphone Device - Faculty/Staff
- Request a Loaner Laptop - Faculty/Staff
- FRA form - Faculty
- Hardware Request Form - Faculty/Staff
- New Employee IST On-Boarding - Faculty/Staff
- Employee IST Off-Boarding - Faculty/Staff
- Request Voicemail to Email and/or Phone to Email Functionality
- Law Center Software and Cloud Services Review/Approval Request
- DocuSign Permission Request Form
- Physical (NFC) GOCard Approval Form
- eFax Request Form
- Adobe Software License Request Form
- Network Drop Approval Request
- Georgetown Law Broadcast Email Request
- Claim your Firstname.Lastname Email Address
- Faculty & STaff Physical NFC GoCard Request Form
- GOCard Deposit (Online Card Office)
- GOCard Photo Upload
- Student Physical (NFC) GOCard Request Form
- Physical (NFC) GOCard Approval Form (Staff, Faculty & Affiliates)
- Payment for GOCard Replacement Fee $25.00
- Schedule A 15 Minute Appointment
- Authorize Someone to Pick-up Your GOCard
- Affiliate/Sponsored University Associates (SUA)
- Door Schedule Change Request (Departmental)
- GOCard Departmental Request Forms
All Georgetown Law Center technology support activities are handled by the Information Systems Technology Service Desk (SD). The SD serves as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for all end-users (faculty/students/staff) who need help with any technology issues or requests.
Please submit a Service Desk Request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 202-662-9284, self service portal or visit us in person at McDonough Hall – Room 152 (Please make an appointment for in person technology needs) to obtain assistance.
Upon submission of your request, you will receive an automated email confirmation with a ticket number. You may also receive additional update emails as we work to complete your request. Once your ticket is closed you will receive another email, as our technicians have been instructed to confirm ticket completion with the customer prior to closing it.
In order to receive real-time feedback from our customers, 10% of the tickets closed will generate a link to a customer survey where you can comment on the quality and caliber of the service received.
Please do not hesitate to email email@example.com if you feel that your expectations have not been met.
GoCard Office Relocation:
The GoCard office services will be relocated to the Service Desk in an effort to streamline our services. You can continue submitting tickets or making appointments to receive support:
- Pickup a Physical NFC GOCard (must be approved)
- Mobile GOCard
- GOCard Deposit Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Building Access and Transactions
Please use the “SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE SERVICE DESK (IN-PERSON, ZOOM, OR DROP-IN) link on the IST homepage to schedule an appointment for a technician to resolve the following issues:
- Troubleshooting Wifi connectivity
- Password reset
- NFC GoCard (must be approved)
- Mobile GOCard
- GoCard deposit troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting building access and transactions
- IT Supplies or accessories
- Printer installations and connectivity issues
- Telephone moves, wiring and service issues
- Internet connectivity issues – wired and wireless
- Computer issues – desktop and laptop
- Hardware installation (Monitor/Computer)
The appointment request form will generate a Google appointment for you and the Service Desk as well as a ticket for tracking purposes. This process will streamline our service delivery to you as you will be able to schedule the appointment right away instead of waiting for the Service Desk to get back to you after the submission of a ticket.
The current service desk ticketing system will remain in place to track and manage support requests submitted through the appointment form and directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping Packages (Technology Items):
Please use the following address to ship packages for technology related items so that they can be received and signed by appropriate personnel for tracking and deployment.
600 New Jersey Avenue NW, Room 152
Washington DC 20001
If purchasing from GMS via PunchOut, the ship-to address should show as the following (search for McDonough Hall to get the best listing):
600 New Jersey Av NW McD 152
Washington, DC 20001
You can then use the appointment scheduler to request the installation of your technology order.
Priority Levels for Service Tickets
|Critical||15 Min||2hrs||30 Min||Incidents with severe mission critical impact and enterprise wide service outage.|
|Urgent||30 Min||4hrs||60 Min||Certain applications are inaccessible/unusable.
User Machine is not usable.
|120 Min||Regular Incidents.
Non Critical anomalies in hardware/software performance.
|Low||4hrs||Variable based on the scheduled appointment.||Variable||Requests for installation of new hardware/software.
Equipment moved within an office or area.
|All times provided are for Incidents that occur during normal business hours, as published on the IST Service Desk site.|
The Law Center Service follows ITIL for its service delivery and service management. ITIL is an internationally recognized set of concepts and policies for managing information technology infrastructure, development and operations. Utilization of this framework for the Law Center Service Desk ensures the following for the Law Center community:
- A Single Point Of Contact To Request All IT Services
- Specified Support Levels to Set Customer Expectations
- Individual Technician Ownership for each Service Desk ticket
- Feedback Mechanism to Measure Customer Satisfaction
- Ability to track/trend support flow and support Continuous Service Improvement