Human Rights Career Week
January 27-31, 2014
Human Rights Action-Amnesty International, the Human Rights Institute, and OPICS are kicking off the first Human Rights Career week at Georgetown Law. If you are interested in learning more about human rights careers and internships, sign up to participate in 20-minute individual interviews and/or 45-minute group lunch discussions with GULC alumni working in human rights careers. This event is open to all GULC students.
Career Week Guidelines
1. Each student is eligible to participate in two individual interviews and one group lunch session for a total of three practitioners. Because these are one-on-one sessions, please only sign up for interviews to which you can commit.
2. You will be notified of your interview schedule and the location of your interview(s) by Sunday, January 26.
3. Interviews will take place between 9am and 11:50am, followed by lunches from 12 to 12:45pm (there will be no lunch sessions on Wednesday).
4. Please arrive five minutes prior to your designated interview time.
5. Dress Code: Business casual
Monday, Jan. 27: Andrea Prasow, Human Rights Watch
Tuesday, Jan. 28: Ginna Anderson, ABA Human Rights Program
Wednesday, Jan. 29: Raha Wala, Human Rights First
Thursday, Jan. 30: TBD - (HRA-AI will send out an additional email once the practitioner for Thursday is finalized).
Friday, Jan. 31: Aaron Zisser, Department of Justice
In addition, supplement the practitioner interviews with advice from current students about their human rights internship, class, and clinic experiences at the HRA-AI General Body meeting Wednesday, 1/29 at at 3:30pm in McDonough 160. Food will be served.
To register - complete this survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JHBQBWJ
Surveys are due Friday, January 24 at 11pm.
Contact Caitlin Cocilova with any questions at email@example.com.
Posted by Lauren Dubin at 2:31 PM
All class years
OCS / OPICS Programs