Special Events Requests
Primary Areas for these requests:
- Gewirz 12th Floor
- Hart Auditorium – Offline during the 2023-24 Academic Year
- Tower Green, the Library Quad, and other external areas
- Atriums and other public access areas
- Edward Bennett Williams Library Fifth Floor and SCI Moot Courtroom, Faculty Lounge, and Faculty Dining Room (limited availability and additional approval time required)
- Lecture halls, classrooms, and conference rooms hosting special, one-off, events
Attendees Consist of:
- External members of the general public
- VIPs in attendance
- High-profile / high-security detail speakers
Common Reservation Requirements:
- Extensive audio-visual services assistance
- Extensive facilities management assistance (includes dynamic furniture arrangement requests)
- External catering or extensive internal catering
- Alcoholic beverages will be served
With the exception of bar review companies, external requests are vetted through the Office of Special Events, which also coordinates activities for external organizations that are sponsored by internal faculty members and departments.
Special Events requests must be submitted a minimum of two weeks prior to an event.
Facilities Management and Audio Visual require a minimum notice of two weeks for their services. In order to ensure proper setup time, all Special Events should start no earlier than 9 am. Public Safety may need to schedule additional personnel depending on the event.