GW/Georgetown Law Public Sector Recruiting Program (PSRP) –
The Georgetown University Law Center and the George Washington University Law School invite you to participate in the Public Sector Recruiting Program (PSRP), an annual opportunity to recruit current law students for summer and entry-level employment opportunities. Over 200 DC area and nationwide government agencies, nonprofits and public interest law firms have participated in previous years.
Save the Date! PSRP 2022 will be on Friday, January 21, 2022. Timeline coming soon!
THREE WAYS TO PARTICIPATE:
VIRTUAL INTERVIEWS: The virtual program will be held on Friday, January 22, 2021 in two shifts: (1) 9:00 am – 12:20 pm and (2) 1:20 pm – 4:40 pm Eastern Time Zone. Employers should choose either the half-day (morning or afternoon) option (up to 9 interviews) or the full-day option (up to 19 interviews). Two 10 minute breaks will be scheduled during each shift and all participating employers will have an hour built into their schedule for lunch. Please note–we are happy to accommodate your schedule if these time blocks do not work for you.
Resumes and cover letters of interested students will be available in early January. Because employers that register for the interview option will receive application materials from all interested students, it is not necessary to register for both the interview option and the resume collect option.
Registration for VIRTUAL INTERVIEWS will close promptly on Monday, December 7. Please note, because we will be using a virtual platform for PSRP 2021, we will not be able to accommodate late minute requests to join our program this year.
VIRTUAL TABLE TALK: Speak informally with students via our virtual Table Talk on FRIDAY, January 22, 2021 from 1:00 – 3:00 pm. If you wish to conduct interviews and participate in Table Talk, you will need to have one representative assigned to conduct afternoon interviews and one assigned to Table Talk as both programs will be conducted simultaneously.
Registration for Virtual Table Talk is closed. Please note, because we will be using a virtual platform for PSRP 2021, we will not be able to accommodate last minute requests to join our program this year.
RESUME COLLECTION Can’t conduct virtual interviews on the 22nd? Let us help you meet your hiring needs by collecting resumes (and cover letters) for you. You will receive student application materials on January 14, 2021 and may then invite students to interview at your convenience.
Please keep in mind that we will be able to accommodate multiple attorneys from your organization for the Interview and Table Talk program.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE VIRTUAL INTERVIEW, VIRTUAL TABLE TALK, OR RESUME COLLECT OPTIONS:
- Login to Symplicity using the login and password supplied in your email invitation. Please contact Brianna Warne at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to obtain a username and password or if you are experiencing any difficulty logging in.
- From the Home page, on the left side tab, select “Public Sector Recruiting Program”, “Schedule Request”, then click the blue, “Request a Schedule” button in the middle of the screen. Alternatively, from the Home page, you may select “Submit Schedule Request” on the right side box under the “Shortcuts” heading.
- Within the “Select Program Option” drop-down, please select “PSRP 2021 – Interview Option”, “PSRP 2021 – Table Talk”, or “PSRP 2021 – Resume Collect”. Please fill out the entire Schedule Request form completely. You will be contacted if there are any blank submissions.
- KEY NOTE ON WRITING SAMPLES AND UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS: Our law students will not have their fall 2020 semester grades until the end of January, after the PSRP bidding deadline, and are therefore not able to submit transcripts as part of their application packet. You will receive student cover letters and resumes on Wednesday, January 6. You may request additional materials from students directly following interviews.
- When your form is completed, click “Submit.”
- IMPORTANT NOTES:
- You may interview 1L and 2L students for summer positions only. 3L students must be interviewed for PAID entry-level positions only. Interviewing 3L students for summer positions or unpaid post-graduate positions is not permitted for this program. Please contact Brianna Warne at email@example.com for any further questions about this.
- Because employers that register for the interview option will receive application materials from all interested students, it is not necessary to register for both the interview option and the resume collect option.
- If you would like more than one schedule, please let us know.
- To complete your registration, click on “Profile” on the top task bar and fill out the “Who We Are” page and then “Save Changes.”