Incoming and Transferring JD Students

The information below is for incoming students for the 2018-19 academic year only.

To apply for financial aid at Georgetown Law, please follow the steps below.  If you have questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.  Certain applicants may be contacted for specific additional information, which must be submitted before the application will be considered complete.  Only prospective full-time students may apply for grant assistance.


Applicants for Grant and Loan Assistance

Applicants for Loan Assistance Only


  • Required for all federal aid applicants
  • Use school code G21075
  • Parent information is NOT required



  • Required for grant applicants only
  • Use school code 7306
  • MUST include parents' information *



  • Log-in with official GU NetID -- NOT your Admitted Student Website username and password
  • See instructions in step 3 above
  • Must set security questions and new password at NetID Password Management System BEFORE attempting to log-in to Yellow Application


Review Award Notice

Review Award Notice

  • Tentative award notice will be e-mailed approx. 3 weeks after application is completed


Submit Tax Documents


  • Copies of student's, spouse's and parents' 2016 federal tax return and W-2s required if award includes Dean's Tuition Grant assistance
  • You may e-mail, fax or mail


  • Please complete this step after May 15, 2018


* Georgetown Law requires parental information for all grant applicants, regardless of student age, marital status or financial independence.  Students must provide information for each living parent, even if they are divorced, separated or were never married.  Step-parent information is not required.  If you believe extraordinary circumstances prevent you from complying with these requirements, please contact the Office of Financial Aid in writing with an explanation.  Exemptions are rarely granted.

If your parents are divorced, separated or were never married, one parent (it does not matter which one) may complete the Non-Custodial Parent Information Form and submit it in hard copy instead of the online form if desired.

In addition, if you or one or more of your parents own a business or farm, your application will not be considered complete without the submission of a completed Business/Farm Supplement.

On The Web

Maps & Directions

Google Location Map Georgetown University Law Center 600 New Jersey Avenue NW Washington, DC 20001