Traditional Returning JD

The following information is for financial aid for the 2017-18 academic year.  Current JD students who still wish to apply for aid for the 2016-17 academic year should contact the Office of Financial Aid for further instructions.

To apply or re-apply for financial aid at Georgetown Law, please follow the steps below.  If you have questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.  Certain applicants may be contacted for specific additional information, which must be submitted before the application will be considered complete.  Only full-time students may apply for grant assistance.

Returning students should complete Steps 1-6 below by June 1.  Late applications will be accepted and awards will be issued in the order of application completion.


Applicants for Grant and Loan Assistance

Applicants for Loan Assistance Only


  • Required for all federal aid applicants
  • Use school code G21075
  • Parent information is not required


(not required for current grant recipients)


  • Current grant recipients do not need to complete
  • New grant applicants must complete and include parents' information *
  • Use PROFILE code 7306


Review Budget and Loan Types

Review Budget and Loan Types

  • Determine how much you wish to borrow of each loan type



  • This institutional application form provides us with certain information about you and your financial aid request


Submit Tax Documents



Review Award Notice

Review Award Notice

  • Award notices will be e-mailed beginning in July
  • Please allow approx. 2-3 weeks after application is completed
  • Award provides confirmation of loan requests
  • No further acceptance of loans is necessary

* Georgetown Law requires parental information for all grant applicants, regardless of student age, marital status or financial independence.  Students must provide information for each living parent, even if they are divorced, separated or were never married.  Step-parent information is not required.  If you believe extraordinary circumstances prevent you from complying with these requirements, please contact the Office of Financial Aid in writing with an explanation.  Exemptions are rarely granted.

If your parents are divorced, separated or were never married, the second parent (it does not matter which one) may complete the Noncustodial Parent Information Worksheet and submit it in hard copy instead of the online CSS PROFILE form if desired.

In addition, if you or one or more of your parents own a business or farm, your application will not be considered complete without the submission of a completed Business/Farm Supplement.

On The Web

Maps & Directions

Google Location Map Georgetown University Law Center 600 New Jersey Avenue NW Washington, DC 20001