Additional Product Information
Access by downloading for Windows and Mac
With Box Sync, you can work on files on your desktop or laptop computer, and then have those files (and any changes you make to those files) replicated to your Box account and any other devices running Box sync.
Access by pointing any browser to https://box.georgetown.edu
- Secure place to store your Georgetown non-restricted files
- Simply use Georgetown NetID to login (No additional password to remember)
- Alternative to confusing email exchanges in the box collaboration and comments tools
- Access to files from any location!
- Outstanding Sharing Features
- Drag & Drop capabilities
- Real time notifications
Access by downloading the box app to your mobile device
Need to upload and share plans, presentations or other critical content while you're out and about – at home or at the airport? Box mobile provides access to all your box files.
- Organize files into folders, for a whole new level of organization and collaboration
- Invite members of the Georgetown community to your folders, allowing all of you to work on a project or share your latest updates
- Conveniently browse through and view all your content from anywhere, on any device. See the latest versions of recently updated files while you're on the go.
- Send a file, even folders of files, just by emailing a link with a few taps
DropBox and Box share some of the same functionality. However, Box is designed for enterprise-level solutions for large organizations while Dropbox is geared toward consumer use. Box offers features like content and task management, online workspace for collaboration, user and group permissions, admin account transfers, and a built-in editor. High level features, custom options for embedding files into a website, Google Apps integration, and administrative controls allow Box users to create and manage a complete work space environment.