Getting Started (New to Georgetown Law)
Technology Orientation Slides
The Technology Service Desk
- The Technology Service Desk is located in McDonough Hall, Room 152.
- The email address is email@example.com.
- The Technology Service Desk will be open during regularly scheduled class hours.
- For more information on the use of technology at the Law Center, please visit the IST homepage.
- Your University NetID is your username for all Georgetown systems.
- You can obtain your NetID through the Admitted Student website.
- Faculty, Staff and Fellows:
- You can obtain your temporary Georgetown University password through the Admitted Student website.
- Faculty, Staff, Fellows:
- Your temporary default password is a lowercase gu, followed by the last six digits of you 9-digit GoCard number, i.e., gu456789.
To change your password, please visit the Georgetown NetID Password Management System webpage. Please be advised that you must setup answers to the personal questions asked on that webpage before you can reset your password.
Wireless (Wi-Fi) Access at the Law Center
- The Law Center uses the Georgetown Google Apps for Education (GAE) email system.
- Your Georgetown GAE email address is YourNetID@georgetown.edu.
- Visit the Georgetown GAE email system.
- The Georgetown GAE email system works best with the Google Chrome browser. Download Chrome.
- Public printers are available throughout the Law Center campus.
- Printing costs are B&W – 29 cents per page, double sided (Duplex) 29 cents per side, Color – 66 cents per page, double sided (Duplex) 66 cents per side, deducted from your GOCard.
- More about public printing can be found on the Georgetown University h.Print page.
- The Law Center follows Georgetown University’s Technology Policies and Procedures.
- The IST Department does not work on computers that do not belong to the University. If you have a home computer and are in need of technical support, you need to contact your computer manufacturer or a local area service provider.