Students participating in international travel arranged or funded by the Law Center are required to register their travel and be enrolled in specific Study Abroad Student Health Insurance. To register your travel, follow the link below.

Register Now!

Note: If you have not previously registered travel with OTP, or applied for a study abroad program, you will need to create an account in the system before registering your travel. Once you have created an account, you will need to return to the page linked above to complete your registration.

As part of the registration, you will be asked to complete a predeparture questionnaire, upload copies of your passport and itinerary, and sign an assumption of risk form. See the summary of requirements for additional details on the process.

Completing your travel registration fulfills the requirement of the University’s Policy on International Travel. All items must be complete at least 2 weeks prior to your departure.

You will also find important information regarding education abroad insurance posted to your online account. Please read these items carefully as they include details on the benefits, cost, and how to access services.


  • Travel registration and the Study Abroad Insurance Plan offered by the University is open only to those who are participating in Law Center-funded or facilitated travel abroad. If you are taking an internship following your graduation from the Law Center, you are not eligible for the Study Abroad Student Health Insurance Plan and you do not register your trip.
  • Students contemplating travel to a destination considered an Elevated Risk Region by the university¬†should visit the website at the right. The additional requirements listed on that website must be completed, and approval received, before travel is registered here.

Reference Materials

Study Abroad Health Insurance: Description of Coverage, Team Assist Plan Benefits, & Claims Information

Study Abroad Health Insurance FAQs