Students borrowing federal Stafford and/or Graduate PLUS loans must complete the following federally required steps at studentloans.gov before any such loans can disburse.Graduate Entrance Counseling
- required only for first-time Georgetown Law borrowers
- required only for the first year of Stafford borrowing at Georgetown Law
- required every year of Grad PLUS borrowing
- students are encouraged to apply for "maximum" as the loan amount when completing the federal application
- the specific amount requested will be made directly to Georgetown Law (on either the Blue or Green Form)
- required only for the first year of Grad PLUS borrowing at Georgetown Law
PLUS borrowers who are approved with a co-signor/endorser or after an appeal of a credit denial have additional requirements. Please check with the Office of Financial Aid for more information.
Private/commercial loan requirements vary by lender. Borrowers choosing private/commercial loans should consult with their lenders and complete all applicable requirements.