Applying to ABLE
ABLE partners with law enforcement agencies to create robust cultures of active bystandership, in which officers both give and accept interventions to prevent or stop harm. ABLE is more than a training program; it is based on a set of Program Standards to which all agencies wishing to join ABLE must commit. These Standards are designed to encourage and support interventions to prevent mistakes, reduce misconduct, and promote health and wellness.
How to Apply
Any agency seeking to receive the ABLE training must apply and be accepted into our program. To apply to ABLE:
- Ensure your agency head is fully committed to the ABLE Program Standards and will designate the necessary resources to implement ABLE department-wide.
- Designate a Program Coordinator to spearhead the department-wide rollout and maintenance of ABLE.
- Obtain the letters of support described in the Standards, according to these guidelines.
- Complete the Implementation Plan Outline, which lays out a basic project plan for implementation of the ABLE program. We highly recommend that your Program Coordinator complete this outline. The Implementation Plan Outline is designed to take 1-2 hours to complete. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need any support or have any questions about any component of the outline.
- Fill out the online Application Form, which asks for:
- Basic information about your agency, such as the number of sworn officers, non-sworn employees, etc.;
- The name and contact information for the selected Program Coordinator;
- The name and contact information for the leader of your agency;
- The name and contact information for the signatories of your letters of support; and
- Your letters of support and Implementation Plan Outline, to be submitted as attachments.
If you experience issues with the online form, please see the bottom of this page for instructions.
Who May Apply
ABLE considers applications from law enforcement agencies anywhere in the United States or Canada. Any law enforcement agency whose mandate includes patrol and/or investigatory law enforcement services in a community is eligible for application. This includes municipal police departments, sheriff’s offices, campus police, state police agencies, etc. of any size. We work with agencies ranging from those that consist of a handful of sworn officers to some of the largest police departments in North America.
US or Canadian federal agencies are asked to contact our team at ABLE@georgetown.edu and speak with a member of staff prior to submitting an application.
Because our program is designed specifically for law enforcement agencies, we are unable to admit corrections institutions, fire or EMS agencies, non-sworn security or public safety services, or independent 9-1-1 emergency communications centers into our program at this time.
If you are unsure if your agency qualifies, please consult this comprehensive list of the types of law enforcement agencies accepted into ABLE. If you still have questions, feel free to reach out to us at ABLE@georgetown.edu.
After You Apply
Once your application is submitted with all required components (including your letters of support and your implementation plan outline), we will review your submission and will get back to you within 2-3 weeks regarding your application status.
Once your agency is admitted to the program, an ABLE Project Coordinator will reach out to welcome you to ABLE and to discuss your Implementation Plan Outline in depth. The Project Coordinator will also discuss upcoming training opportunities for your future ABLE instructors. The Project Coordinator will be your primary point of contact with the ABLE Team and will provide you with ongoing support and resources related to ABLE training and implementation.
If you have any questions not covered on this page, please reach out to us via ABLE@georgetown.edu, and a member of our team will be in touch.
Issues with the Online Application Portal
Most applications go through with no issues, but if you are experiencing issues entering your application through our online portal, please try the following:
- Ensure all required fields are completed.
- Try a different web browser.
- Try using a different network. Sometimes law enforcement network services or firewalls block access to our application.
- Enter all numbers (such as number sworn or population served) as whole numbers with no commas. For example, enter 30000 instead of 30,000.
- If you are still having trouble, contact us at ABLE@georgetown.edu and let us know what error code is popping up. We can also provide you with a manual form.