Stroud v. Butler
ICAP represents plaintiffs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania challenging a ban on recording bail hearing proceedings.
- 1/22/20 – Reply in support of motion to dismiss filed by defendant magistrate judges
- 1/15/20 – Filed a response to defendants’ motions to dismiss
- 1/15/20 – Amicus brief filed by Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press and Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association in support of plaintiffs
- 12/17/19 – Motions to dismiss filed by defendant magistrate judges and sheriff
- 10/8/19 – Filed a lawsuit on behalf of a Pittsburgh journalist and newsmagazine challenging a Pennsylvania ban on recording bail hearing proceedings
In the News