Fall 2014 Academic Calendar
- TBA: Orientation
- September 1, 2014: Classes Begin - First Block
- October 17, 2014: Classes End - First Block
- October 20-24, 2014: Exam Period
- October 27, 2014: Classes Begin - Second Block
- December 12, 2014: Classes End - Second Block
- December 15-19, 2014: Exam Period*
* Although the exam period extends into January, special accommodations are made to give early exams for American students who must return to begin the spring semester U.S.
Participating Georgetown students may enroll in classes in one of Amsterdam Law School's English Language LLM programs. This includes programs in European Private Law, International Criminal Law, and International and European Law. Course offerings for fall 2014 will be made available in June or July. The current year's course offerings are available for review through Amsterdam's online course catalog. Participants in this program who wish to receive credit for any course outside of the three programs listed above must contact the Office of Transnational Programs by email to request approval. Participants should not expect to receive credit for courses that are not expressly approved by OTP.
Students may register for the equivalent of up to 14 Georgetown credits. Amsterdam uses the ECTS credit system; two ECTS credits equal one Georgetown credit.
The University of Amsterdam assists students with finding housing by putting students together with housing companies that cater to students. For more information, click here.
The budget below provides 2012-2013 amounts. An updated 2014 budget will be provided as soon as it is available.